Chapter 8

*3 Months Later*

Ryla
So I finally had Jr, he's one month now. But only one thing has been on my mind.. I haven't spoke with my bestfriend. It's been 3 years almost 4. I've been trying to call her but every time there was no answer. At this point I started to worry. I felt selfish inside, like it was my fault that she hasn't been talking to me. Of course King, Nyla, India and I are fine but there was just something that I didn't think was right nor made sense. I guess I'm just going to call her again.

I picked up the phone calling the person labeled as "Bestfriend👯💖." She didn't answer, so I called and called again. Still no answer. As I was getting ready to text her and look for her moms number King walked in.

"Hi babe, you good?" King said.
"Hey. Yeah I'm good" I said dryly. He knew something was wrong, I've never been so dry unless I'm sick or something is wrong. He sat down beside me and rubbed my back to comfort me. I lightly smiled but the feeling of that anything could have happened to Crystal was worrying me. I thought of the idea to catch a plane back to Georgia, but second guessed it because I had such a small baby.

"You can always tell me if anything is wrong" King added.
"Ok.. I'm worried because I haven't talked to Crystal, it's been years now. I don't know what's going on." I said.
"I tell you what, we catch a plane today and the baby can stay with India since Nyla is away with my mom."
"But-"
"No buts. Get your things packed and I'll do the same." He said as he interrupted my thought.

I started to pack and called India into my room to let her know what was going on. When she walked in 5 minutes later I told her as I was still packing she nodded and left out again. Jr was asleep in his bed against the wall so I didn't want to wake him up making a lot of noise. It was around 6:00 and King made reservations for the plane at 7:45. We had to hurry knowing how long the lines are of wait.

Once we got to the airport, it wasn't as packed as it usually is. When we were done with the security check and got to our gate; approximately 10 minutes the plane was being boarded. We sat down after the assistant showed us the seats and put our luggage above the seat ready for take off.

"From Richmond Virginia to Atlanta will be 1 hours and a little over an half of hour. The time is now 7:12 prepare for take off in approximately 10 minutes which will give us 7:22 and arrive in Georgia at 9:03 or a little later." The pilot stated.

I sat in my seat with my stomach quivering scared of what might have happened at this point. We were in the air when an incoming call came in. I looked at my phone to see who is was when I immediately saw 'Bestfriend👯💖' on the screen. I rushed to answer before I lost connection from being too far in the air.

"Hello! Crystal are you ok?!" I yelled in the phone not caring who was around.

"Shhh" a woman told me in the back of my seat.

"Lady don't start with me! Something may be wrong with my friend! So you shut the fuck up!" I spat at her. She looked at me and rolled her eyes in the other direction. I wasn't paying attention while Crystal was trying to speak.

"Save me." I heard a soft voice say through the phone. When I was ready to answer with a response my phone hung up due to the lost of the connection.

Short chapter again guys. I know, but that was a little update. More coming soon! Bare with me. ❤️