Chapter 4

As I speed off I couldn't help but feel a little bit of hope that he would stay and talk, and things would go back to normal and he would stay. In the back of my mind I knew there was a big chance he would no longer be there when I get back. He was never a sit around and wait person.

I turned the corner to the gas station and slowed to a stop. Kicking the stand out, I walked to the back, hand on my hip where my gun was hidden under my jacket.

"Ugh your friend is talking forever uh doll?" I heard Dayem say.

"Shes not who you think she is. She doesn't kill people. I love her but she can't fight for shit. And she's so caring. Shes not apart of a gang she never was!" Cried Jay.

I rounded the corner and saw three heavily armed guys standing around Dayem and Jay. Dayem was standing while Jay was sitting on what looked like a lawn chair. My body went on autopilot. I shot the three guards in the knee caps with still perfect accuracy and I walked up to Dayem gun trained to his head, ready to shot if needed to. He's the leader of a big gang a state over but hey I'm good at hiding. Jay just sat with her mouth open tears drying and hands shaking.

"Aww. Got nothing to say know old man?" I asked standing a few feet away.

"Now, now, now come on Halls. We both know you could have killed them. And no doubt after that David visit you would want to kill some people" He said moving he's hand in a slight wave towards me.

"Just give me Jay and I'll be on my way."

"You aren't any fun anymore Halls."

"I don't really give two shits Day. Now give me her and everything will me over."

"So boring. How about. You kill someone, besides me, and you can have her." He said shrugging.

For a moment I couldn't decide what to do. I responded with a bullet to one of the guards chest. And Dayem just laughed and nodded to Jay who came running towards me like I didn't just kill someone. I moved my head towards my bike around the corner and we walked back to it. She was in front of me while I watched our backs. Looking back all Dayem was doing was smiling like he won the lottery.

I gave my helmet to Jay and got on in front of her. Telling her to hang on I started off towards the house. Wondering how the hell to explain this and if David was still going to be there. Hoping again that he would.