Chapter Two

Birds were chirping. Little loud voices were shouting and playful wits. I could hear them. 

The sun rays were directly shining my face. I reluctantly opened my eyes little by little.

"It's morning already huh?" I thought.

My stomach grumbled as I got up from the hot wooden bench which was just as cold as a snow flake last night. The bruise was little by little healing up but, it still stung a little rough because of the dust particles that had penetrated inside it. I never had the chance to wash it and I wasn't really planning to do it last night anyway because of the risky situation I was in.

There were lively people at the park even at this early morning. Some of them were staring at me, some were neglecting who'd been busy playing. Well, at least, most of them were children. 

"Now, where should I go?" I was asking myself about that very mysterious question of me for my father hadn't ever mentioned about any of our relatives in this place whom I could be asking for help. My stomach growled once again and on a whim, I stepped my foot setting into an unknown direction which I hoped to have at least food I could eat.

That part of the city was new to me since I only went there once several months ago when my father told me that he wanted to celebrate his birthday at the park. I only usually took the straight one way direction starting from our front door going to the school, or going to the city for shopping but I never once went to the back of our house or even had any idea of going there and went somewhere off from there. But, it was surely a lot of hassle to walk from our house with the long stiff looking trees standing side by side of the woods. At first, it made me felt like as though they were glaring with an intense look at me. But as time passed, it looked as thou they were looking for my safety and had been guarding my house as well.

Guarding my house huh?

I must be crazy for thinking like that.

It was even burned to tiny bits of ashes yet I was still thinking of those trees serving as our protectors.

I was walking along the street sides numbly. My feet were shaking so bad that it would collapse any minute from now. But the will power had kept me wide and awake for walking. Whilst walking with this unstable condition of mine, my mind was kept wondering of "where did he go?" "Where did he go?". People who passed by were shocked staring at me as they saw that drooling expression of mine. I was humming, craving for food. And nobody in this city wouldn't be kind enough to grasp at my situation and give me food, or would they?

A little bit of hope shone unto me upon thinking of those possible people who'd be kind enough to lend me a food out of the blue. But, hours passed. No one did.

I was still at the brink of collapsing when I found myself standing at the Entrance of the City Proper. This was Mac's only main and oldest part of the city dad had told me. I heard the two towns of this city were located at the end corner of it.