✧e i g h t✧

✧e i g h t - s k i n✧

[I think you'll be sorta happy with this chapter :) Sorta ]

___

Thomas and Newt sat on the wobbly bar stools, drinking away their problems like the other drunks who came in regularly.

"So why do you hate your mum, Tommy?" Newt asked, circling his finger on the rim of the half liquor filled glass cup.

Thomas sighed, tipping his cup "I don't hate her.." He hiccuped "It-It's just she favours Stiles. He's the favourite, he's number one. He's the loved one"

"How so?"

"S-She always liked him better. She was always proud of him. No matter what. And me? Well I was lucky enough if she looked my way." He rose his hand as a signal for the bartender to pour more into the cup "But I never told Stiles. Oh no. He was too oblivious with all his rewards while I was left behind. He was first at everything when we younger. First in our class, captain of the lacrosse team, prom king. And now, first to find his soulmate"

Newt scoffed "Tell me about it..." He drank the rest of his drink "Had to move out of the bloody country because I couldn't take being number two. Thought my chance of finding them would be better here but guess I was wrong"

Thomas looked at him "Do you stll have hope?"

Newt raised his eyebrow, shaking his head lightly as he laughed. He picked up his right wrist pulling down his long sleeved shirt. "Wouldn't have this bloody thing if I didn't, eh?"

Thomas laughed "Wanna get outta here? It's kind of depressing.." He leaned closer to Newt "..with all the drunks ya know?"

"I'll go wherever you want, Tommy"

___

They stumbled into the apartment hallway, giggling as they tripped together. Newt reached into his pocket, taking out his apartment key.

He struggled opening the door due to his hands being jittery. He finally got the door to open, leaving them both to stumble in. They walked forward, falling on the couch that was in the middle of the room.

Thomas falling on top of Newt, on the squeaky couch. They laughed, Thomas nuzzling his face into Newt's neck; feeling the vibrations as the blonde laughed.

He reached for his hand intertwining them together, they were finally touching but both of them were laughing too hard to notice the small half hearts of their wrists turn full.

___

:)

-Sky