chapter 18

J H O P E

...There was a man walking along the street towards me. It was a surprisingly quiet for this time of night. Though it was pretty cold.

I studied him as he came closer, not that he looked threatening, I just made this walk every night and it got boring after a while. Thick hoodie on with his hands in his pockets, boots and jeans. Someone you would expect to mug you, I thought. I gave a small laugh, I probably looked the same to him. I smiled as I passed him, his face hidden with a scarf. Suddenly my side burned with excruciating pain.

I grabbed at the pain as if that could stop it. My glove came away dark and sticky. The edges of my sight blurring I turned around, the man stood there looking at me.
' what have you done?' I tried to say, it barely came out a whisper. I fell onto him, grabbing his shoulders for support.

He brought up his arm and pulled down his scarf so I could see his face.Confused, eye sight going black and pain coursing through my body, I recognized him.

My jaw dropped and I tried to yell, speak even, but this time not a sound come out. The man grabbed my arms and pushed me off him. I fell to the ground on my good side and he pushed me onto my back with his foot. I lay there staring at him, he said something to me but I couldn't make it out.

My sight failed me and all I saw was black.