Chapter 6

We were seated for seconds before a waitress came up and gave us menus.
"Is there anything I could get you?" She asked and even though it was two of us she clearly was only talking to Mark which I found extremely annoying.
"What would you like honey?" Mark asked me which made the waitress look disappointed.
"Just water for now" I said smiling. I wasn't ready to think about how possessive I felt just then. I've only known him for three days thats not normal.
"And I'll have a shot of whiskey"
" How old is Becky?" He asked effectively dismissing the waitress.
"She turns 16 this summer"
"She looks like you"
"Yeah if only her attitude was the same. Then again maybe not since I got pregnant at 16" I looked up at him since he didn't comment. He had an expression I couldn't decipher.
"What about her dad?" He asked
"He's not in the picture" was all I said.
"Daisy you have a lovely café and its successful. So what if you had a daughter at 16. You have a good life" he waited for me to contradict him.
"And as of two days ago you got a sexy boyfriend"
" What?" I wonder if he's joking his face said he isn't.
" We met for the first time two days ago" I said confused.
"Yes and as soon as I saw you I claimed you as mine"
"Claimed?" I asked
"Tonight we make it official" I didn't know how to respond to that but I didn't have to since our drinks arrived carried by a waiter instead.
"Are you both ready to order?" He asked.
"No. Give us a minute" mark said opening his menu and I opened mine.
We ordered our food, mark a steak dinner and me something with chicken. I also ordered a class of wine.
After we finished eating we talked for a long time. By the time we finished everyone else in the restaurant had left.
"The place is empty" I said stating the obvious.
" Let's go" mark said standing up and offering me a hand. I took his hand and he led me to the elevator and I started getting nervous. It been like forever since I've been with anyone.
He pushed the button for the top floor. When we arrived he led me to room 303. He opened it and I must say the room is more beautiful than I imagined.
"You work in a beautiful place" I said but instead of answering Mark crushed his lips onto mine.