Chapter 3

Daisy
I opened the door and let him in.
"Good morning" I said smiling at him.
"Morning" he said
"When you said you were coming back I assumed it would be during opening hours" I told him when he took a seat at the window.
"Yes. You'll learn not to assume anything about me. I wanted to see you"
"Okay. Would you like some coffee?"
" Yes and whatever you're baking. It smells delicious"
" It does?" I asked and he nodded his head yes.
"Well I hope it taste as good as it smells. I'm trying a new recipe"
"I'm sure it does"
"Alright. I'll be right back" I went into the kitchen and got us both coffee and the muffins I baked. Somehow I don't see Mark as a muffins kind of guy so I made toast too.
"Here you go. I made you toast since I'm not sure if you like muffins"
"I don't but I'd like to try it" he said reaching for his coffee.
"How did you get started?" He asked out of the blue.
"Umm... well I always liked baking. My grandma taught me everything she knew. After high school I took classes at the community college and here I am" I said with a chuckle which gained me a smile.
"I think you did good. So young and already you have your business"
"Thanks. How is the muffin?" I asked when he finished eating. He looked at me for so long I started to squirm in my seat. Then suddenly he got up and walked around the table to me.
"What?" I asked and my voice sounded breathy even to my ears. I saw so much heat in his eyes I froze. Before I knew what was happening Mark gripped my neck in a hard but gentle way then his lips were crashing down on me. He pushed his tongue into my mouth and I tasted the muffin. I started kissing him back and he growled and then he bit my lip. He pulled me out of the chair and the next thing I know I'm straddling his lap.
We were making out fiercely when I heard a key in the door. We both looked up to see Cassie pushing open the door. I tried to get off his lap but he held my hips and buried his face in my neck. He took a deep breath and then released me.