Chapter 8

Daisy
I woke up to a unfamiliar weight on my chest. When I opened my eyes I saw a head of black ruffled hair. It took me a moment to remember all that happened. I felt my body heat up with the memories. I tried to shift from under Mark but his arm tightened around my waist.
"Hey" I whispered.
"Morning" he responded in a gruff voice and snuggled deeper between my breast.
"Morning?!" I shouted and flew up straight in bed.
"OMG! Becky must be worried sick and I have to bake this morning's menu!"
"Calm down" Mark said holding my waist and preventing me from getting out of bed.
"I called Becky and told her you'd be sleeping over"
"You what? That is not your call to make!" I shouted at him.
"I beg to differ. I claimed you so that means your daughter is under my care as well"
"You can't just decide that on your own"
"I can and I did"
I was shocked at how honest he was about what he felt.
"Get dressed. I'll take you home"
We got dressed and Mark took me home.
"Becky probably went to some party last night" I said sighing when we pulled up in front of the café.
" I had someone keep an eye on her"
"Taking care of my daughter is my job" I said after taking several deep breaths.
"And now its mine" he stopped me before I argued.
"You need to realize, now that I found you. I will not be letting you go" he stated in a serious voice that doesn't allow questions. So I questioned him.
" Don't I have any say in this?'
"No" he said without thought.
" Come, don't you have things to bake" he asked before getting out of the car and coming to open my side.
We went inside and there was fresh baked pastries in the air. I looked at the time on my phone and saw that it was almost seven.
"Cassie isn't usually this early" I said in an accusing voice looking up at Mark. He smiled at me showing no shame at all then he kissed me.
"Relax I won't make an habit out of controlling your life. I know how independent you are" he said then whispered in my ear.
"But in the bedroom I will be in complete control" his voice made me shiver.
"I'll see you tonight" he said before leaving.
"Have fun?" Cassie asked when she came out with a batch of muffins.
"I did. Thank you for coming in early"
" No problem you deserve a little fun"
"I'm going to shower and change" I said and went upstairs.