Chapter Four

Chapter Four
Tobias Eaton

Tris cradled my head and told me that everything was going to be alright. Of course I knew she was just saying this to soothe me...of course I knew everything was far from alright. I wondered. How did David survive? I shot him myself...I watched the bullet from my gun go through his head with my very own eyes. Who could have survived a bullet directly through the head? Then it dawned on me...the resurgence serum. There was only one person who had access to that serum...and he goes by the name of Caleb Prior.

~

Tris and I laid uncomfortably in the small bed that our captors had provided us, but I was with her and feeling the warmth of her body next to mine was the only thing that I needed. I was terrified though when some guards came in and hoisted Tris away from me. She struggled, but managed to plant a sloppy kiss on my lips before she was pulled away. They led me to a small room with a glass window on the other side I could see a steel metal table with a figure strapped down to it...Tris. They did awful things to her...they injected her with that serum and then electrified her, but I couldn't do anything to save her...I just banged my fists against the glass hoping it would break.

Later when we were back in our cell Tris laid on the cot and was still shaking...she wouldn't even let me touch her. I finally wrapped my arms around her small frame. She flinched and tried to get away at first, but then I felt her melt into my embrace.

"You okay?" She asked quietly as she nudged her head into my shoulder.

"You just got electrified and your worried about me?" I asked as I gave her a small smile.

"A weird thing love is." She says with a shrug as she kisses my jaw gently.

I smiled. She was right love was so strange. How you are desperately in love with the person and confess you can't live without them yet you risk your life to die for them. Tris fell asleep in my arms while I took in the smell of her soft blonde hair. It always smelled like coconuts.

~
A week later the same torturous tests occurred once a day. Each of us forced to watch the other scream and thrash in pain. I wanted to find out where Caleb was and confront him about the whole situation. Finally I ran into him as they were leading us back toward the cells.

"Caleb Prior! You are a COWARD!" I shout at him as a guard punches me in the stomach.

Tris and I were once again shoved into the small and uncomfortable cell that contained one bed and two chairs.

  As the hours passed by I waited for a guard to come into the room so that I could snap their neck, but the person that walked through the door was not a guard it was David. Before I could snap his neck a bullet went through his body. I looked toward the gunman. Caleb.

"Caleb?" I hear Tris ask as she stood beside me already holding me back from killing her brother.

"Beatrice. Move. Away. From. Him." Caleb said as he aimed his gun at my chest.

I looked down at Tris and gently nudged her away from myself. A bullet rang out and I felt myself fall to the floor. Caleb. He shot me. As I bled out I felt Tris beside me screaming. The last thing I saw was her face.