[Chemistry] Izuru Kamukura X Reader

{You're the Ultimate Chemist}

Izuru Kamukura...

He's a big mystery to me, and he usually doesn't talk much, but I can't help but stare at him in class. Getting every answer right if the teacher called on him, he had strait A's. You'd think he would be pretty proud of himself, but he just called everything boring.

A new semester at Hope's Peak Academy, I needed to get my schedule from Headmaster Kirigiri today, and since I was busy last night working with my chemicals, I was completely exausted. I rushed down to his office and bumped into Izuru on the way there.

"Watch it" He said blankly. Even the way he speaks is a mystery to me. "Sorry Izuru, I was up late last night and I need to get my schedule bye!" I said very quickly and ran off, not even bothering to look back at him. His expression never changed anyway.

"S-Sorry I'm late Mr. Kirigiri! I was working with my chemicals last night and didn't realize the time when I went to sleep!" I said in an apologizing tone.

"You're fine (Y/N), your schedule is over here, and your next class is in a few minuets" He handed me a sheet with my classes on it.

"R-Right Headmaster!" I say as I jolt out of my room to the next class.

"Chemistry! Yes! I'm going to ace this class!" And I happily make it to class just on time.

"Ok class, for your first assignment, I'm going to pair you up with someone and the two of you are going to be competing. You must make a chemical that is consumable and can heal a cut."

Healing? That's a really easy one, I can win this for sure.

"Mondo and Chihiro, Akane and Nekomaru, (Y/N) and Izuru, Gundham and So-"

Wait, did he say I was paired with Izuru?

Izuru walked over and just stood beside me without saying anything. I looked at him for a second but then looked back at the table.

"Izuru and (Y/N), you two are up first." The teacher said and people started gathering around our table.

I could have sworn Izuru looked down at me for a second before they all came over. You could hear a few of the students gossiping while standing there.

"This is going to be a tough one."

"My money's on Izuru"

"Who cares I'm just hungry"

"Ok students, calm down. It starts in 3...2...1..Go!" The teacher said and started a stopwatch

We both were working extremely fast, and using a all the different chemicals on the table. A few times his hand skimmed mine and I felt my face heat up a small bit somehow? When we were mixing the chemicals, it was almost as if it was a coordinated. I don't even know how or why I would but I would lightly toss one of the liquids in the air and Izuru would grab it and use it in his. After about 30 seconds, we both held our mixtures up and said "Done"

"What a show you two performed, anyone want to volunteer to test the chemicals out?" Yeah, no one raised their hands.

"Bunch of cowards..." Fuyuhiko stood up and raised his hand to volenteer. The teacher nodded and set him over by our table. Fuyuhiko lightly cut his arm on the side and stuck his hand out to Izuru's mixture. "This better work asshole" He said with annoyance as Izuru handed over his mixture. The teacher set up another timer as Fuyuhiko drank his and timed how long it would take.

"5.56 Seconds, That's what you have to beat (Y/N)"

Oh shit, I don't know if it's long enough.

Fuyuhiko reached over and cut his other arm as I gave him my mixture. The teacher did the same thing and recorded it.

"Wow...I'm really impressed with you two. 5.55 seconds (Y/N). You beat Izuru by a hundredth millisecond"

A hundredth millisecond?! He almost took my pride away!

I nodded and smiled "Thank you sir." And he turned back to the other students

"Ok, Nekomaru and Akane...Oh boy..." The teacher sighed and walked over to their table. I started to walk over but my wrist was grabbed. Izuru pulled me over to him and looked at me

"Interesting...I've never been beaten by someone of your level. You seem to be the least boring thing I've met." He said with his usual monotone voice.

"What is it to you?" My face heated up a bit with his comment, but I ignored  it.

"Meet me by the fountain tonight, I want to learn more about you" He let go and walked over to the table.

Maybe...Maybe he's not as bad as they say?