Lenny(3)

'Fuck. Everybody is an asshole. Bastards.', I say, upon hearing my alarm. This is how I begin most days- cursing everyone.

I walk to school, only to see Brian, the school fuck-boy, pressing Nusta against her locker and talking to her.
She's flirting, I can totally tell.

I silently laugh to myself, at least someone's having fun.
Amongst the two of us, she's always been the one with boyfriends and friends with benefits.

No, she's not a slut. She has streak of wild, which shows a little too much sometimes. I walk past her, making obscene gestures. She just rolls her eyes, and goes on flirting.

I myself have never flirted with anyone, ever since I broke up with my girlfriend of two years, three months ago.
Yes bitches! Been leading the celibate life for three months now! *self-five*
I just self-fived myself for getting no action. Sad times, indeed.

Well, her name is Laura, she was nice and everything but there was no spark. We mutually decided to break it off. But recently she's been texting me *quite* often and finds ways to get me with her, alone. I don't know what the deal is with that.

We are supposed to have 'a talk' about it today, and she's 2 mins 34 secs late.
So much for being punctual.

'Hey Len!'
'Laura, hi'
'I'm not going to sugar coat things or beat about the bush.I think we should get back together.'
'Laura do you even remember what the last 4-5 months of our relationship were like? All we did was fight and argue and get angry and lose our shit.'
'But we can change it this time. Len, I miss you. So much.'
'Babe.' I sigh. 'I don't want to live those 4-5 months again. It was too much stress, for the both of us.'

She blinked several times just nodded her head meekly.
'Okay.' Her voice was hoarse with emotion, and I hated to be the one to make her feel like that.
I pulled her by her wrist just as she was about to leave, and hugged her.
'I'm sorry, I really am.', I whispered.
'I know, I just wish things worked out differently.'
'So do I.'
We stood there for a long time, just holding each other, both of our minds in the past, when we meant the world to each other.
'Laura?'
'Yeah.'
'I hope that you know that I'll always be there for you, whenever you need me.'
She smiled.
'Awwe, come on! I was hoping you'd be all vengeful and bitter.'
'Once an ass,always an ass', I mutter.
'But know this, even I'll be there for you, no matter what.'

We couldn't be bitter towards each other, even if we tried. We have too much respect for each other. A lot of people regret dating their exes, but I don't. Laura is one of the greatest things that ever happened to me.