Chapter Six:Jamin

Jamin felt sick to his stomach. As Adrain helped him out of the bar he looked at Aline and saw the frustration and disappointment in her face. He had messed this journey up and could put them in danger.
Adrain went over to talk to Aline. I could understand what she was saying, but she said it with a face of anger.
Jamin didn't know any other way of getting rid of all the feelings of stress, anger and sadness. The best he could do was drink away the pain.
It helped but made him feel worse, because he knew everything time he did this he was pushing a gap between him and Aline.
They had not been the same for months. He thought it was just the journey when it started, but he was lying to himself.
He always remembered something he told Aline when they were safe from her mother years ago. He said," my dear Aline, you shouldn't lie, ever. Because before you lie to anyone else, you lie to yourself."
She's always done good on that, but he had not.
Aline walked away from Adrain and towards the other direction.
After she felt Adrain came over and sat beside me and said," why Jamin, Why? That girl is one of the strongest I've ever meant and your tearing her down one piece at a time. Your hurting her, can't you see that?"
He looked at Adrain with blood shot eyes and said," I know. It kills me to do that to her. I don't know how to make it up to her. Adrain you know more than anyone why I do this, I can't help it."
Adrain looked straight on and shook his head back and forth and said with no feeling in his voice, empty words, " you can help it Jamin. You just don't want to."
Adrain stood up and walked away, leaving Jamin to himself.