Chapter 5

We finished our food and made small talk then went back to his sister's house. He helped me unpack inside my room which was VERY spacious. My daughter was sound asleep in the nursery room smelling so good and looking adorable in her baby pajamas.

"So you good?"

I was in my room admiring everything and turned to look at Reese who was sitting on my queen sized bed.

"Yeah everything is perfect. I'll be out of here as soon as-"

"Girl shut up."

Keisha said leaning in my door frame. I looked at her confused.

"You can stay here as long as you need to. You're no burden at all. Shit I'm happy you're here. I don't get along with many females at all, but you seem real cool. So like I said stay here as long as you need. Besides even if you did move out I would still see you."

She smirked at her brother, but I couldn't understand why. She went to the living room to watch movies and I leaned against my dresser.

"What did she mean by that?"

I asked him.

"I don't bring girls around her and damn sure don't help them out like this. She thinks you're special."

I looked away then looked back at him.

"Am I?"

He didn't say anything then his phone rang.

"Speak..Sister crib..What happened?..Be there in 20."

He hung up then stood up and walked out my door without saying bye or anything. I sighed and closed my door then went into my bathroom, stripped, and took a long shower.

(4 Months Later)

I'm still living with Keisha and things are perfect. I got a job at Foot Locker and Victoria's Secret so I help with the rent and stuff even though she doesn't want me to. Things between Reese and I are .. I don't really know how to explain it. Sometimes we're fine and other times he's so distant towards me. Turns out Keisha's niece is his daughter and yes I've met her before. I was sitting in the living room playing with my baby girl and Keisha was dancing to some song. I heard a key turn and already knew who it was. I sighed and rolled my eyes cause lately he's been giving me the cold shoulder forreal. He won't look at me or acknowledge me, but he acts like Ravie is the only 1 in the world.

"Yo Keisha!"

"Living room!"

Shortly after I heard his footsteps and Ravie began cooing. She's now 7 months and holding her own bottle as well as crawling a little bit.

"Wassup shorty?!"

She began giggling as he picked her up and played with her, but once again didn't even act like I was there. I got up and walked to the kitchen to get a fruit yogurt then sat on the counter eating it while I scrolled through my Twitter time line. Seemed like everyone who followed me, especially the girls, knew Reese. He had a hash tag and everything! My phone was snatched out of my hand by Keisha.

"Why are you in here?"

"Eating."

"It's empty. I've been standing in that doorway for like 10 minutes. That yogurt been gone."

I looked down and sure enough it was all gone.

"Oh I didn't even notice."

"You and Reese need to get it together."

"It's not me-"

"Have you tried talking to him?"

"Well..-"

The doorbell rang so she went to answer it and I heard a guy voice that sounded too familiar. I walked to the hall and standing before me was D.J. holding her 2 year old son in his arms.