Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Xavier’s P.O.V

I could not afford to think more. I was afraid, that if I allowed my mind to wander, I would come up with the whole world without her. I came here a few days ago, firmly believing that I would get my revenge. But ever since I saw her, I could not think straight; I could not see revenge in my path.

I could see that I wanted Vin to die. I could see that I still wanted to kill him. But instead of leaving the future to an emptiness that I would figure out after I got revenge, I began to realize that I wanted to stay in Seattle. Seattle was a place full of intriguing mysteries. Faith, for example, was a mysterious girl. She was hardworking, she was strong and confident. She ordered her Master around, and obeyed her Master. Her Master treated her like a friend; not a servant. Faith walked around with an air of confidence, but she was also afraid of things too.

Cole, on the other hand, was the joker. He held a perfect shell of strength on the outside, but when he was around his Master, I saw his weakness. I saw that he wanted her very much. I saw that he was fascinated by her. But I saw that his fascination was only of someone he couldn’t get.

I saw things in Seattle; I saw the things that made this place interesting.

But the reason I was truly tied to this place, was her.

I tried not to think of her blood flowing down my arm, dripping from her finger tips. I’d removed the dagger, but her blood was still flowing. Anneson had come up with a makeshift bandage, but I doubted it would work.

My heart pounded in my chest as I ran, keeping a tight hold over her. Footsteps slapped behind me as Anneson chased after me, but I did not stop. I could not think. I didn’t want to.

I saw someone familiar.

“Drake! Bring me to the Dark Wind! Please!” I shouted through the empty street, but my voice broke as the tears flowed. No, I wouldn’t –couldn’t –let her die. Not after the light I’d found at her presence. Not after I realized that I loved her.

Not after I realized that she was my other half.

My old friend stopped halfway from crossing the street, turned and stared at me while I ran. Eyes lit with recognition and confusion, before turning to shock when he saw Dru in my hands. She was such an angel. She was not tall; not big. No, she was almost like a perfect Barbie doll, slightly shorter than me, but filled with the same ferocity. I saw the same ferocity, the same nonchalant innocence inside her as I did Christy.

And she was dying.

“What happened?” Drake’s first words were slightly worried as he watched me run towards him. I was a stranger to Seattle, and I needed to get Dru to the Dark Wind quick. I wasn’t sure what it was that the nightstalkers there could do, but Faith could at least do something. They could at least do something.

“Please, bring me to the Dark Wind!” I begged again as the tears rolled down my eyes. Though he’d promised me that he would never help me ever again when I left the NHS, I could see that he was caught. Drake was always the soft one; the one that wasn’t like his father.

Cautious eyes went between me and Anneson, then back to Dru, who was limp within my arms. She had been so strong; standing up against her master. She had been so tough, fighting with Vin.

All of it ended up with her brush with death.

Drake nodded, turned and ran. I didn’t know if I should trust him. But I had to. Dru’s life hung on me.

“Sister! Sister! Please, wake up!” Anneson tried his best to coax her back to consciousness, but it didn’t work. Dru’s eyes didn’t flicker and her power drained out into the air. I didn’t think, I followed Drake mindlessly, hearing only my panting breaths, my loud heartbeats.