Intro

Intro (3rd Person)

Two girls stood together on a stage in front of a handful of judges and a camera. One had black hair, reaching midway down her back, with dark purple eyes. She was dressed simply in a black short-sleeved tee-shirt, jeans, and a pair of purple tennis shoes. The other had bright blue hair up in pigtails that just brushed her shoulders, held up by white bows. Her eyes were a vibrant gold and she was dressed in a blue plaid polo (the long sleeves rolled up to the elbows), dark blue jeans, and low rise white riding boots.

"I'm Jun." The black haired one said. She held a microphone gently, but tightly like she felt better with it there.

"And I'm Rei." The other said. She had a specialized electric white guitar in her hands, though it wasn't plugged in. 

"We're Modern Classic." The two girls announced together.

"Alright, show us what you've got." The judge said. Rei smiled and pulled a pick from it's hiding spot under her right braid. The pick was white with a blue rose. She smiled at Jun then began to play. Jun closed her eyes, tapping the beat with her foot then she opened her eyes and sang.

The performance didn't last long, only a minute and a half. For the two girls on stage, it lasted a lifetime and they loved every moment. For the judges, it went almost to fast. "Thank you." One sputtered.

The two girls bowed and walked backstage. Jun returned the microphone to the stagehand and they returned to a waiting room. Rei put her guitar down and then they both squealed. "Ah! We did it! We did it! Jun, we really did it!" Rei cried, jumping up and down.

"I know! I know! I know! Oh, I hope we make it through. That felt pretty good." Jun said.

"We can't not make it through. If we get kicked out it's done." Rei thought, remembering the deal she struck with her parents just to be here. The deal Jun didn't know about. "Don't worry, we'll make it! We have to!" She said brightly.

Jun nodded in agreement. "Of course we will." She said. "Otherwise I'm in huge trouble." She thought, but didn't voice it. It wasn't something she wanted to tell Rei about yet.

\*+-+*/+\*+-+*/+\*+-+*/+\*+-+*/+\*+-+*/+\*+-+*/+\*+-+*/+\*+-+*/+\*+-+*/+\*+-+*/+\*+-+*/+\*+-+*/

"Modern Classic's Jun please step forward." The judge said. Jun stepped forward, slightly confused as she joined the six or so other artists/bands in the front row. "Everyone in the front row, congratulations. You will be making your own CD's. Those of you in the back are asked to leave shortly and we thank you for your participation." 

"Bu..." Jun stuttered as Rei was frozen in shock. A stage hand pulled her arm to get her moving. "Hold on, Rei and I are a duo, not solo acts. Why is she leaving and me staying?" Jun ordered. 

"Your partner Rei is not yet at your level." The judge said. Rei didn't say a word as she walked off, a look of shock etched on her face. 

"Rei!" Jun cried. She looked back. "There is no modern or classic music." She said, a half horrified expression on her face.

Rei smiled back. "Only music from the heart. I know. Do your best." Rei said sadly before disappearing from her sight, that smile still on her face.

"Rei..." Jun said quietly. 

"Goodbye, Jun. I'm so sorry." Rei whispered after Jun couldn't see her. Rei ran the back of her hand across her eyes, clearing away the tears and smoothed her expression. "I'll catch up some day."