Charmed

Nick and I decided to hang out in the sound room and just relax before the concert starts. We set up our insruments early. Nick decided to have a little fun and played a sweet melody on his bass clarinet. When he finished, I applaud him after he finished.
"That was beautiful. Are you playing that in the concert?"
"No. I played that at my aunt's wedding. Anyway, I played something for you. Could you play something for me?"
He smiled at me as he was leaning his instrument against the wall.

 Could you play something for me?"He smiled at me as he was leaning his instrument against the wall

(This is a Bass Clarinet for those who don' know)
I looked down to the floor and shook my head.
"I-I don't know. I'm not too good at it. In fact, I shouldn't even be in the chamber group. I just got in with shear lu-"
He came towards me and hugged me. I was a bit suprised because it came out of nowhere.
"I don't like it when you degrade yourself like that. I'm sure you got into that orchestra due to how talented you are at it. So could you please play me something?"
"Fine."
I grabbed my violin and started playing. At one minute through the song (1:08 in the video on top), Nick grabbed me by the waist and hugged me tightly from behind.
"N-nick???"
I blush a bit.
"Haha. You're trying to make me cry aren't you?"
"Huh?"
He chuckles.
"Seriously. Play anymore, and you will make me cry. Emma, you sound beautiful."
"You're over exaggerating."
"No. Honestly I'm not. What is that song."
"Its part four of Holberg Suite by Evard Grieg. Its called Air. Holberg Suite is my favorite song to play in orchestra. Its fun."
"It sounds beautiful."
He takes a step back, accidentally tripping and falls against the wall. I giggle a bit.
"Hehe, you're clumsy aren't you."
"N-no, I just lost my balance. I usually am well grounded."
"Hehe, yeah. Suuurrre you are."
I wink at him and laugh a bit more.
"Oh shush."
"Hehe here."
I offer my hand to help him up and instead of getting up, he pulls me down, making me fall on top of him. He then holds me by the waist.

(Like this 👌)I seize up and hyperventilate out of shock and confusion

(Like this 👌)
I seize up and hyperventilate out of shock and confusion. Nick laughs and caressess my cheek.
"Calm down. Let me hold you in my arms. I'm not going to hurt you."
He kissed the top of my head and I start to relax, enjoying his company. All of a sudden the door opens and Uzaire comes in.
"What are you doing Nick?!"
"UZAIRE! OH MY GOD! YOU'RE OKAY!"
I got up and hugged him. He's been gone for a few weeks for chemotherapy. They said that he was a bit weak and there was a small chance that he wasn't going to pull through. I didn't think that he would be here today so I was incredibly suprised to see him today.
"Yeah I'm okay. Now what the fuck did he do to you THIS time?"
"Lay off Uzaire. I was actually enjoying my time with him. I like him back."
"What?! When-"
"That doesn't matter. Oh my god... Uzaire... your hair.... its gone..."
"Yeah. I figured since I was going to lose my hair anyway, so I went to get my hair shaved to almost bald where I won't look terrible when I lose my hair completely."
"Well I'm so relieved that you pulled through but uh... can we have some... you know..."
"Oh yeah okay... I'll just... uh... yeah see ya."
"Bye. See you when we go on stage. Uzaire?"
"Yeah?"
"In a brother and sister kind of way, I love ya man."
"Same Emma. Same."
Uzaire exits the room. I turn around and Nick is still sitting on the floor. I walk back over to him and continued where we left off.
"Thanks for covering for me."
"Nick, its no problem, really. Besides, I really like you."
Nick tightened his grip around my waist and I relaxed more into his arms. Nick kissed the top of my head and stroked my hair. I closed my eyes and the next thing I know, someone was coming into the room. It was Jasmine.
"Is anyone in- oh well then... what are you two doing???"
She winks at us and leans against the door.
"U-ummm n-nothing. So uh i-is there s-something you n-need?"
"Oh yeah. Mr. MecElroy is gonna make his speech like usual. Everyone is gathered out here so you might wanna come out."
"Oh okay. Thank you Jasmine."
Jasmine winks at us and exits the practice room. That was quick. We barely had any alone time."
"Actually we did. You were asleep for about fifteen minutes."
"Oh my god... Really?! Oh my- I'm so so so sorry I didn't mean to-"
"Don't be sorry. I actually enjoyed it. It was relaxing. Hell, I almost fell asleep with you."
"Oh. O-okay. Well, um, we should probably get out there before McElroy has a fit."
"Yeah... that would be best..."
I get up but fall back down. God, am I really that tired? Nick laughed, got up, and helped me up, with one hand on my back to support me. We walked out of the practice room and stood in front of the music teacher. I was looking at Mr. McElroy when I felt something brush up against my hand. I looked at Nick and he was looking at me. I looked down to his and as he was grabbing mine. He intertwined his fingers with mine and squeezed my hand. I looked up at him, smiled, and squeezed back. I then looked back to Mr. McElroy and within a minute, Mr. McElroy began his speech.
"This has been an extraordinary year, and you guys really worked so hard to strive at your art, and I couldn't have been anymore prouder than I already am. I'm so happy to see all of you here today especially you Uzaire. I'm happy that you made it after you just had chemotherapy and by the way, you look great. This is our last performance together and I just want to wish you all luck on the stage tonight, and I also wanted to wish you luck on your finals. Anyway, that's all I have to say so other than that, break a leg, you all will be great. Start setting up. We're on in ten minutes. Meet up at the door to the backstage area. When the first group is on their last song, go back stage and wait quietly. Go!"
Mr. McElroy clapped his hands once and headed to his office. I turned to Nick. He was still holding my hand.
"Should we just grab our instruments and head to the backstage area?"
"Yeah. Lets go. I was about to head to the practice room when I remembered that I left my music in my locker.
"Hey Nick, I left ky music in my locker. I need to get it really quick before we go."
"Okay, I'll come with you."
We both walk to my locker and grabbed my music. We then walked to the backstage doors and nobody was there yet. Nick and I were talking when he paused.
"Is something wrong?"
"I just noticed... What happened to your forehead? Why do you have that scar?"
"Oh its a long story. I've had it for a while now."
"What happened?"
"When I was four, I wasted an entire bottle of shampoo for bubble bath. My dad came in, ready to wash my hair, when he say the empty shampoo bottle. He got angry and tried to spike it into the trash can, but instead, it bounced off the trash can, off the toilet, off the bathtub, and on my forehead. It cut so deep to where I had to get stitches."
"Oh god, that's crazy! Uh- may I..."
His hand was coming towards my forehead and I held still. He gently rubbed my scar and then his hand travelled to my cheek. He brushed some of my hair out of my face and caressed my cheek again.
"Has anyone told you that you had beautiful eyes?"
"Has anyone told you that you have a devilishly handsome smile?"
"Nah. My smile is nowhere near as nice as yours."
We both laugh. We were talking a bit more, then Arla and Paulina walked up to us. Emmalyn?! What the hell are you doing?! I thought you didn't like him?!"
"I do now."
"What.. I don't... How... when..."
"It doesn't matter. I like him. And I mean I LIKE like him."
"Oh god... I think I need to sit down and dring some water. Arla, please help me."
"Yeah. I'm coming."
"Paulina and Arla went back to the band room, leaving Nick and I alone.
"Sorry about them."
"Its no problem. Really. I understand where they're coming from."
"Okay."
We talk a bit more until ot was time to perform.