Surprise, Surprise

Taylor's POV

"You okay?" Niall said, leaning over and whispering in my ear.

"Yeah, I'm cool..." I replied, a little shaky.

He must have sensed how I was really feeling because he reached down and grabbed my shaky hand and I laid my head on his shoulder.

A lot has changed in my life over the past 4 years at college.

Harry and I had continued our relationship until the end of the summer, but by the time our first semesters of college were over, we just weren't feeling it anymore. It just wasn't the same without seeing each other in person.

After breaking things off with Harry, we didn't talk much. In fact, I hadn't even heard of this Allie girl until I showed up at Harry's home this past week. Surprisingly, he still lived in his home. Louis and his parents and sisters had moved out and I guessed that Allie lived there with him now.

I had only seen Harry once in the past 4 years, and that was at Zayn and Louis' wedding. Even then, we hardly said anything to each other.

Niall was also at Zayn and Louis' wedding. He had changed dramatically. He really got his life back together, and ever since Zayn and Louis' wedding we've actually become great friends.

We never talked about our past. We decided it didn't need to be brought up. It was the past, and this was now.

So when I asked him to go with me to Harry's wedding, he quickly said yes and I was thankful for that.

Allie was beautiful. I had no reason to dislike her, aside from the fact that she was marrying the man that I couldn't get over. No matter how hard I tried, my feelings for Harry just wouldn't go away.

The preacher started to proceed with the wedding. He said a few welcome sentences and then asked the famous question.

"If anyone objects to these two joining in holy matrimony, please speak now or forever hold your peace." He said.

Harry and Allie both looked out into the crowd, Harry's eyes instantly darting to mine.

Niall squeezed my hand tightly to show support and I lifted my head up off of his shoulder.

No one said a word. No matter how badly I wanted to interrupt, I couldn't find the urge to say anything.

The entire time the audience sat in silence, Harry had his eyes on me.

Maybe coming here was a bad idea.

The preacher broke the silence and proceeded once more.

"I don't think I should be here..." I whispered.

"Do you wanna go?" Niall asked.

"I don't know if I want to... But I need to. I can't handle this. I thought I could, but I can't." I replied

He nodded his head then quietly stood up, letting go of my hand as I followed behind him and we quietly exited the church. I hoped that Harry didn't notice.

As soon as we got outside, I took a deep breath. Fresh air was exactly what I needed.

"Am I taking you to your house or mine?" Niall asked when we reached his car.

I had been searching for a place of my own, but for now I was still living with my parents. I didn't want to go home and face my mom. She thought I was over Harry and if she found out I left early she would want to have a heart to heart with me and right now, I really didn't want or need that.

"Your place, if that's okay." I replied.

"Tay, you know that's fine." He said, starting the car and starting to drive.

Neither of us said much on the short drive back to Niall's apartment. He lived alone in a one bedroom place that had a small kitchen and a living room. It was the perfect size for him.

When we got inside, Niall went into the kitchen and grabbed a Peach Tea Snapple for each of us. It had become our thing and we loved sharing the little facts with each other.

"Go sit on the couch and relax. I'm gonna get your mind off of things." He said, smiling.

I slowly walked over and sat down. Niall joined me moments later, handing me my Snapple and popping the lid off of his.

"Chewing gum while cutting up an onion will prevent you from crying." He said.

I took the lid off of my drink as well while Niall turned on his TV.

"Animals that lay eggs don't have belly buttons." I said, trying to hold in my laughter.

"I wanna know why and how someone figured that out." Niall replied, laughing at it as well.

"No kidding. Somebody must've had a lot of free time on their hands." I said.

Niall pulled me close, putting his arm around my shoulders. Nothing was going on between us, he just knew that I needed a friend right now. He searched through the TV guide and quickly put on Friends. We both loved to watch Friends reruns together and right now, the Thanksgiving episode where Joey gets the turkey stuck on his head was playing.

After an episode or two, I could feel myself falling asleep.

When I woke up, Niall was no longer on the couch next to me, but I could hear him talking.

"She's asleep. Can't you wait until the morning?!" He said.

Who was he talking to?

"No. It can't wait, Niall." The voice replied.

Harry?

"How did you even find us?" Niall asked.

"I went to her house first. Her mom said she would be here and she gave me your address." The voice replied.

It was definitely Harry. I got up off of the couch and walked to the door.

"Aren't you supposed to be on your honeymoon?" Niall asked.

Harry didn't answer because he saw me approaching.

"Taylor..." He whispered.

He walked past Niall and softly grabbed my face before pulling me in and kissing my lips.