idk

Taylor's POV

"Come on, let's go." Harry said, putting me down on the ground and grabbing my hand.

"Wait, what?" I said, letting go of his hand.

"Let's go home. To my house, like we used to do." Harry replied.

I didn't know what to say. Was he serious?

"i can't." I said.

"Why not?" Harry asked, confused.

"Harry... You were supposed to get married toinght. We haven't spoken to each other in years. You seriously don't expect us to just get back to our relationship as if nothing happened, do you?"

"You're the one who came running to me when you got back home." Harry snapped.

"I came to you to rebuild our friendship. Yes, it hurt me to know that you were getting married. That's why I left your house. But I didn't come there to get back together with you right away. That's stupid."

Harry sighed.

"Wanna know what's stupid, Taylor? Becoming friends with that dick again." he said, pointing to Niall.

I tried to respond, the anger bulding up inside of me. But instead, Niall spoke.

"Get out of my house, Styles." he snapped. Niall never got as angry as he used to, but he was still very upset.

"What are you gonna do, Niall? shoot me?" Harry asked.

My jaw dropped.

"Harry. Go! You're making yourself look like an idiot." Niall said.

He was handing the situation perfectly. He was upset, but he was keeping himself calm.

"We can talk later. Just go. Please." I said, hardly able to look at him.

He said nothing else before walking out the door.

"I'm sorry." I said to Niall, neither of us moving from the front door area.

"If anyone should be sorry, it's me." he replied.

"He took it too far." I interjected.

"Words are nowhere near as bad as bullets, Taylor."

"He still had no right to say it."

Niall said nothing. Instead, he walked away and into his bedroom. I sighed before following him. He was letting Harry's words get to him.

He got up into his bed and curled up under the covers. I had never seen him like this.

"Niall. Don't let him get to you. You're a different person now." I said, climbing in next to him.

"Just because I'm changed doesn't mean it makes it any better. I still shot him, Taylor. I still did all of those horrible things to you in high school that I can't take back. You shouldn't even be here right now. I never could've forgiven you if I was in your place." he said, his back to me.

"That's just it, Ni, I'm different. I can accept people's apologies and move on from their mistakes." I started. Niall didn't move or say anything.

"Look at me." I said, placing my hand on his back.

He slowly turned around to face me.

"I told you that we would never bring up your high school self again. So don't think about it. That's not you."

A small smile formed across his face. It was one he couldn't avoid.

"What would I do without you?" he asked, wrapping his arms around me for a hug.

I hugged him back tightly, but when I realized that we were basically cuddling in his bed, I loosened up a little bit. Was it awkward? Not really. It was just weird to think about. Niall and I...?

"Seriously. I am the luckiest boy in the world. I screwed shit up and yet you forgave me for everything and you're able to look past my small imperfections. How did I manage to get a friend like you back in my life?" he said, letting go of me, but not opening the distance between us.

I smiled.

"Because if I would've lived my life hating you, I would always hate myself as well. You're lucky I don't want to hate myself, because otherwise I wouldn't even THINK about laying eyes on you." I replied, sarcasm clear in my voice towards the end.

He laughed and I found myself laughing as well.

"Thank you for going with me tonight. And for kicking Harry out earlier." I said, closing my eyes. I was exhausted and I was perfectly okay with sleeping here tonight.

"You're welcome." Niall replied. "You don't want to sleep in your dress, do you?"

I had completely forgotten that I was still wearing my dress.

I sighed.

"No, but I don't have anything else and I really don't want to go home right now." I replied.

Niall quickly jumped off of the bed and I could hear him rummaging through his drawers. Suddenly, I felt something light land on top of the comforter.

"It's all I have, but it's something. I'll go out so you can change." Niall said.

I reached down and picked up a pair of boxers and an oversized white t-shirt.

"You don't have to go. Just turn around." I said, slowly getting out of the bed.

He turned around and crossed his arms.

"No peeking!" I said, throwing the dress over my head and to the floor before slipping my bra off and replacing it with the white tshirt and boxers.

I climbed into the bed and under the covers, my face towards the wall.

"Alright, you can come back to bed now, I'm changed." I said.

I felt Niall climb back into bed and settle down, but after a few minutes, he shuffled around again, placing his arms around my stomach and resting his head into my shoulder.

I didn't question anything. Instead, I just let it happen. I was the only friend he had.