Chapter 16

Greg removed his lips and a small sigh escaped me.

"Can we be friends again?" Greg asked.

"You know friends don't kiss, right?" I teased. I felt like my old self, before the beatings and before Gwen came along.

He laughed. "Well, then maybe we can be more than friends?"

"Well . . . um . . ." 

"What's the problem?" he asked, concerned. 

"I-I just can't trust anyone anymore." I whispered. "Not even you."

I could tell Greg was frowning. I concentrated on a small string hanging out of the couch. I felt his fingers under my chin, lifting my head up. His beautiful eyes stared into mine, his warm trusting eyes. 

"You can trust me with anything. Anything at all. Do you believe me?"

Did I believe him? Did I really? I really, really liked Greg, but after the whole Evalyn thing. It ruined us. But who's fault was it. Was it mine? Did Evalyn have a vendetta against me? Why would she lie? No, it wasn't mine. But it wasn't Greg's either. He had always been there for me, and he had helped me feel better. He had put a smile on my face every day. He had made me forget about cutting, and that I was fat, and about my home life.

"Yes. Yes I believe you." I replied, a big smile on my face. 

He pulled me in for another kiss. We kissed for a while. It was so nice, having someone know everything, having someone that liked me for who I was, someone who could help me out of what was happening to me. It was so nice having someone pressed up against me, and not because they had to. It was so beautiful to have someone who loved me.

We broke apart after a while, and we just hung out for a while. We turned on a movie, and I snuggled up against his side with his arm draped around me. I felt like I was trusting him again too quickly, but I couldn't give him up now. I knew deep down that I coud trust him. He left after a little while, and we kissed good-bye.

When he was at my door, he asked, "Saturday at 7? I have an amazing place to show you."

I smiled shyly, "Sure. Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." Greg winked and left.

I went to go sit back down on the couch, feeling good. I wouldn't cut again today. I didn't need to. I felt too good to be in pain.

I heard a small bloop on my phone. I wondered who it was, and once I checked my phone I saw it was my sister. 

hey sis 

hey 

u excited 4 christmas? 

yah i guess 

y r u not excited? 

i am! 

u r not what happened? 

i guess i havent really thought about xmas 

y? u remember im coming right? 

yah i remember cant wait to see little baby anna again 

My sister's baby Anna had been born just two months ago, when I was in the middle of my depression. I was really excited for Stacey and Chad, but I hadn't seen Anna yet. I think having the baby had repaired their relationship, at least for now.  

shes getting to be quite the little crawler she's always on the move 

haha is she? i saw the pics and she is so adorable