Diana

A/N Heya! Here is the new chapter, hope you like it!

  I hopped off the bus with my phone in hand, the music beating through my ears. The tune of Hot n’ Cold by Katy Perry slowly died out and was replaced by One Direction’s One Thing.

Okay, so I am definitely not One Direction biggest fan, but something about their songs make me smile. On the other hand, my sister, Diana, is completely obsessed. Her room is covered in all their stuff.

She has a lot of stuff, Diana, more than me, mostly because she’s not very well. She gets sick really easily and when she was about 9 she got a cancer in her blood. We all thought that she was going to die.

But luckily it wasn’t too serious and she made it through. But we’ve always been scared that it’d come back.

I wandered down the stone paved path towards my house. It’s not a very big house, but it is perfect for us. We’ve all got our own rooms and there is a dining/kitchen area and a living room. We’ve got one bathroom downstairs and in Diana’s room there’s a small en suite. It was put there when she was ill so that she didn’t always have to come downstairs.

I rang the bell before knocking on the dark blue door as well. There was no reply. Funny that, Friday was mum’s day off and dad finished at 4:00 usually, same as me. I noticed that dad’s car wasn’t in the drive so they must have gone out.

I fumbled around in my school rucksack for my door keys. Ah, found them! Gingerly I managed to get them into the lock and turn the key. The door swung open.

Tugging the keys back out of the lock, I stepped cautiously into the house. I don’t like being home alone. “Mum, dad! Anybody home?” I called into the dominating silence. “Diana?”

Silently, I crept into the living room, “Mum?” She was sitting there, pale as a ghost, her auburn hair cascading past her shoulders. “You Okay?” I whimpered. She didn’t move.

I slipped onto the sofa and placed my hand on her back, rubbing it gently. She looked up at me and whispered something I couldn’t quite make out.

“Sorry? I can’t hear you.” I said soothingly. She cleared her throat and looked at me with her pleading, blue eyes. “It- it’s Diana.” She stuttered. Hearing Diana’s name made my heart skip a beat. “Carry on…” I croaked. She fiddled with her shirt button, “She- she’s ill, again.”

A/N I just wanted to say that if this upsets anyone please do not hate on me for it. This is just fiction and I need this for my story, so if you do not like it you don't have to read it. I also wrote this to create more awareness for cancer, because I know a few people who have suffered from it and they are quite close to me. So please do not think I am an uncaring person!

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter so far, there's a picture of Rachel on the side! >>>