stories of the past

Just a few warnings, this contains some horrible stuff- please note I have made this up and im sorry if any of this upsets anyone, also this may not be a very well written I am currently on very strong plain relief but I tried my hardest because I wanted to get this chapter done.

Perrie’s POV

(I don’t think this actually happened but I’m doing this for the sake of the story)

Grace look at me when we are sitting there I know this means she wants help to explain her past she is finally ready. I have already told Zayn about everything the night of the zoo. I take a deep breath and look up a little too ashamed to look anyone in the eye, I don’t know why I’m so ashamed, it isn’t my fault I accepted that a while ago.

“"I umm... yea Grace will tell you guys but I made a promise to her I will tell you guys something from my past first and hopefully that will give Grace a bit more courage to talk about what has umm happened to her” I tell them I am so nervous to tell them. I feel as Zayn pulls me closer to him it actually brings a sense of comfort and makes me feeling stronger.

“When I was 6 my dad lost his job at first it was good he was at home with us all the time. But after about 2 month it was me and him at home I was in my room playing all the sudden my door swings open, it was Dad I asked him if he wanted to play tea party with me like we had many times before he started yelling and calling me worthless, ugly, fat, stupid, whore and all other vial things, I didn’t really understand but I started crying because I wasn’t used to him been so angry. He started walking to me and he slapped me and kicked me it was only once but I remember how bad it hurt and how scared I was that day. The next morning he apologized to me and been the forgiving person I was I believed him.” I feel tears roll down my face at the memory and Zayn holds me tighter Grace comes over and sit on my lap.

“As I got older the beatings got worst he would punch and kick me for ages there were times I could stand for a week. I didn’t know what the mental or physical abuse was worst. I didn’t tell anyone, my mum and brother didn’t know they just thought I was clumsy. One night just before I was 14 it was just me and him again I often tried to make sure I didn’t happen but it was unavoidable. Once again he came home drunk and started calling me all sorts again he threw me against the wall but I refused to cry. He started kicking and hitting me again he jumped on my head I remember everything started going fuzzy but the hitting stopped I tried to move but I couldn’t. I then heard his footsteps coming back I started shaking I was scared he never used to come back. He had a lighter he pulled my skirt up a bit and put the lighter to my thigh and started to burn parts of it I started screaming and Jonnie walked in as it was happening. That is really the last thing that I remember. I ended up in a coma for 2 weeks because of the swelling on my brain. I felt so ashamed about what I let happen to me, I didn’t talk about it for the longest time and that was the worst thing I could have done. The day at the zoo I told Grace briefly about what I had experienced. I then told Zayn that night when I ran from the room Lou. Until then only my Mum and Brother knew. I say then hide into Zany’s shoulder and feel Grace hug me before I feel myself in a group hug. I hear sorry been thrown around. They pull away from the hug. And go back to their spots.

“You did a good thing baby telling them so Grace can tell her story I’m proud of you” Zayn says pulling me closer to him all the while grace is still sitting with me.

“Thank you aunty Perrie for telling them” Grace whispers

“Are you ready to tell your story now baba?” I ask her she looks so scared but gives a small nod

El’s POV

Perrie has just told us her story that to me sounds horrific. I don’t understand what can drive someone to hurt their child, I had tears rolling down my cheeks as she told us her story. I feel drained but I need to be here to listen to Gracie’s Story to help her and hold her when I gets too bad. I watch as grace stands up and stand in front of us with her back to us I’m about to question her but she starts to talk.