Just Hold Me? *Part Two

"Yeah, I'm good."

He looked up to see everyone nodding and starting their conversations again, all except Derek, who starred at him with worried eyes. He nodded at Derek, giving him some reinforcement that he was okay, hoping he'd fall for it and move on. Derek gave him a concerned look.

'Come on, Derek, don't do this today.' Stiles thought, taking a bite of his pizza. He couldn't afford to be upset over his own false perceptions of how Derek felt about him today, he couldn't afford another thing to eat away at him right now.

Derek cleared his throat, bringing Stiles out of his thoughts. "So the meeting, we should start." Everyone hummed in agreement.

Stiles began to wander in thoughts once he realized the meeting was relating to something he already knew about, and didn't care to hear again.

'You stupid fag, no one care about your existence.' I get it, you don't have to remind me.

'You shouldn't have eaten that slice of pizza, you're already fat enough.' I know, it was a mistake.

'The pack doesn't need you here, you're useless to them.' I'm just wasting their time, I shouldn't be here.

'Pathetic human.' God, I'm useless.

He knew they weren't true, he knew he had to stop thinking about the unhealthy things that he was telling himself, but he couldn't. As the time passed by, his thoughts grew louder, pounding and screaming at him in his mind.

He stood up abruptly. "I uh, I'll be back, gotta use the restroom."

Stiles ran out of the living room and up the stairs to Derek's bathroom. Closing the door behind him, he practically fell to the floor, legs giving out as his body shook. Tears streamed down his face as he struggled to catch his breath, a panic attack slowly but surely encapsulating his whole body.

He sat there in the bathroom, leaning against the door, his knees to his chest, for what felt like seconds just before there was a soft knock at the door. "Stiles?"

'Derek?' The thought managed to read through his head clearly, the rest of his thoughts scattered through his mind in a miserable mess.

"Stiles, open the door."

Stiles wiped his nose on his sleeve and hugged his knee, voice cracking as he responded to Derek. "I'm fine, you can go."

Derek jiggled the locked door handle. "I can hear your heartbeat, Stiles. Let me in."

Stiles sighed, realizing he wasn't going to win this fight. He stood up, walking towards the door and slowly opening it, trying to wipe away as many tears from his face as possible in the process.

"Hey buddy, just had to pee. Let's get back to that meeting shall we?" Stiles kept his head down, trying to get past Derek.

Derek pushed him back into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him before looking up at Stiles. The sight of the younger boy broke his heart. His face was blotched, the paleness barely showing through his red, distressed skin. His eyes were puffy, tears begging to be released, and his hair was thrown about, as though he had been pulling on it.

"Stiles, what's wrong?" The compassion in the alpha's voice took Stiles by surprise.

"What do you mean, I'm fine Der." Stiles voice cracked, giving away that he was lying. Derek looked at him, sheer concern draped across his face. That's what broke Stiles. He fell into Derek's arms, not caring anymore that he was crying in hysterics.

Derek sank to the floor, pulling Stiles into his lap as he cried, trying to get Stiles to sit up and talk.

"Derek," he managed to choke out between his sobs. "Please just, don't. I can't talk about it right now I just need to-"

"Hey, it's okay, you don't need to talk about it right now. How can i make it better? Please, just let me help."

Stiles cried harder, knowing that the boy he's loved for the longest of time was here, wanting to help him feel better.

"Just hold me?" Stiles mumbled so quietly, Derek almost didn't hear him.

But he did, pulling Stiles against his chest and holding him there until his cries had stopped, waiting for the boy to tell him what had caused him to be in such pain.