Dreams Mix With Reality

"His name's ....Jack. Ugh...Jack Napier." Harley told a male doctor, as he escorted her through the hospital halls. "Right, so that makes you--"
"Mrs Napier, yes." She awkwardly assured, as the two of them reached a single hospital room at the end of a hall. Saying her proper name just sounded strange now. It didn't seem magical or funny anymore, it just seemed
wrong.
"I know who you and your husband really are, we all know. So you don't need to pretend." The doctor raised an eyebrow, as Harley gaped her mouth open. "Uhm, right."
The lights in the halls began to flicker, as Harley smiled at the man and quietly entered the room.
Lying on the hospital bed was a man. A man with brown hair, that was supposed to be green.
Except, this man wasn't smiling or laughing, he was frowning in a hospital gown and was surrounded by white bedsheets.
Creeping up to her husband, Harley held a small doll in her hand, a doll that looked oddly similar to herself. Harley-doll.
As she sat down in the seat next to the bed, Harley stroked Joker's hand, as he slowly opened his eyes. "Puddin!" She cried, before he flashed a slight grin at her. "Hey, honey." He whispered in delight, grabbing hold of her hand bed kissing it gently.
Harley placed her son's doll next to her husband, whispering "Jack wanted you to hold onto it. It's for good luck." She informed, stroking back his hair.
"You know, ya gave me such a fright. How are ya feeling?" Harley asked, watching out of the window as the sun moved behind the clouds. Joker shrugged, "Better than I was yesterday, when I was covered in blood and had to watch you cry over me." He told carelessly, propping himself up on the bed.
He looked at her and smiled, "I'm sorry for scaring you all. Sometimes...sometimes I just lose it." He spoke regretfully, "But you know I never mean any harm to you or the little ones."
Harley nodded, "Oh, Puddin'. You're making me cry!" She leaned over to him and kissed his rough lips, stroking his hair.

"They uh, they're gonna take us back to Arkham after I've recovered, I heard them talking about it. By the looks of things I could be recovering as soon as tomorrow. So, this may be the last time we see each other." He gently spoke.
Harley crossed her eyebrows, "No, don't say that! We'll figure something out, I'll climb up the window tonight and-----"
"It's a lovely thought, honey, but I'm afraid there isn't much use in doing that. I don't want you getting in any more police trouble than you already are, okay?" He toyed with a piece of her hair.
"I'm so glad I have you to cheer me up. Hey, you know what would really cheer me up even more?" Joker sat upright, winking at Harley with mischief.
She shrugged, "What, what is it?"
Smirking to himself, Joker nodded his head at the cabinet and quietly spoke, "My gun." He pointed as Harley slowly pulled out the weapon.
With a gobsmacked expression, Harley passed it to him discretely.
"How the hell did you get that in?"
She asked him, only to be met with a finger to her lips.
"Hush, Harley." He whispered, before calling a doctor to the room.
By pressing a single button on his bedside table, he could ring for a doctor to come straight into the room. "I'm not sure I understand what's going on, Mistah J." Harley spoke with fear, as a doctor strolled into the room with a clipboard.
"What seems to be the trouble, sir?" She asked Joker, reaching over to a screen on the backboard.
In an instant, Joker held his gun to her head and pulled the trigger, resulting in a bloody mess all over him and Harley.
"Puddin!" Harley cried, "What the hell are ya doing?" She asked, helping him up out of the bed.

He looked at her with a quick grin, "Saving both of us from that damn asylum." He spoke, running to the window and looking down.
"Okay, hun, it's you and me."
He flashed a grin, pulling her hand along as he opened the window.
"Puddin! You can't steal that hospital gown!" Harley yelled, folding her arms. He turned around to face her, "You're right." He said, ripping off the gown and revealing his black suit with a flower.
"How did you--"
"I'm always prepared for these kind of things, cupcake." Joker spoke in focus, opening the window and climbing out onto the ledge with his wife in hand.
Taking a steady look down, Joker gripped Harley's hand tighter, "Three..two...one... GO!" He yelled, as the two of them jumped down. Harley watched in fear as she plunged to the ground.
But she didn't hit the ground, no. Something else happened.

"Harley, are you okay?" A deep male voice asked from a hospital bed, looking straight at her. "Huh?" Harley moaned, rubbing her eyes and looking up at her husband, who lay on the bed with confusion.
"You were asleep, and then you started to talk in your sleep. Something about not stealing a hospital gown?" He asked her with a small chuckle.
Harley nodded, "Oh, I just dreamt it." She murmured, standing up from the chair and and walking to the window.
Turning around with a smile, Harley asked, "Do you have your gun with you, Mistah J?"
He looked at her, throwing off the bedsheets. "No, why would I? Harley, are you alright? You've been acting weird ever since you woke up."
With a sigh of disappointment, Harley shrugged, walking back over to the hospital bed. "I don't know, I just..I don't wanna jump out the window." She spoke in misery, picking up his hand and stroking it.
He looked at her with even again confusion, "What are you talking about? We aren't gonna jump out the window, sweets. As long as I have a broken arm, I can't jump out of anything." He sighed, looking into her pale blue eyes.
Harley nodded, "Sorry, my dreams are mixing with reality."