Last part of the Last Day of School

Chapter 5

Melanie came and sat in our little circle next to Nathalia and Denis. She was smiling as if we have been friends for a life time.  “Hey guys, what are we talking about?” Nathalia and I eye contacted each other saying ‘Why is she here?’ All I knew is that something is going to stir up some shit. I don’t doubt it that I’m going to end up humiliated by the time she goes away. “Oh, nothing just talking with these dudes.” Nathalia said casually. “Cool, oh hey I totally liked your performance at Blake’s party.” Oh no. No, no, no. She’s going to bring up our band. “Wow, that was you two?” Denis looked at us, very, surprised. “Yeah, that was all them.” Melanie said taking her phone out. “What happened at Blake’s party? I didn’t go I was at out of town.” Oliver stated. “Lucky for you I recorded it. Nathalia and Valentine here where singing Love the Way you lie.” Melanie started looking though her phone. When it seemed like she found it she gave the phone to Oliver. Nathalia, Melanie and I went behind his back to watch the video.

The room was dark but lights were flashing everywhere, of every basic color that you can think of. The spotlight was focused at us. There we where, I was on piano for the intro of the song. Nathalia started to sing and when it was my time to rap. I took the microphone and started to rap. Well, not really rap. We did more of a acoustic I was on piano the whole song put I also I sang, on Eminem's verse. I don't know how we looked to other people. But through my eyes we looked awesome. The sensation of the crowd cheering for you and you singing what you hear is you. It feels great, and the rush is fascinating. The song was over and the crowd cheered. After the performance Nathalia thanked everyone and told everyone about our band. Now that I'm looking back I feel embarrassed. The video was over. Oliver looked dumbfounded, Denis was smiling as if he was the one there, and Melanie was looking at Oliver as if she was trying to read his mind. "Wow, so you two have a band?" he looked surprised and with another I can't read. "Yeah, The Reckless and the Brave." I said a little embarrassed. "Val is on guitar and I'm on vocals, we need a drummer and bass player. But yeah, so far we call it a band." Nathalia said. I shot her a look, she knows that the band thing sound stupid, we love our little band but our chances of making it are one in a million. No, not even million, billion.

"Who's Val?" Oliver asked. "Val is Valentine, that's her nickname. Valentine is a too long, girly, and sweet." I looked at Nathalia with my death stare. “Hold up guys I have to go get something from my locker.” He got up and left. I faced Nathalia "Dude! I'm sweet and I can be girly." I argued. Even though it's not even worth it. I'm nowhere near girly, or sweet. "Oh, you're Anthony's sister? Haha, he's told us some of stories about your…Adventures." Denis said. "Oh god, why?" I said I wasn't looking for an answer; it's just weird in a way. I've had adventures and I've done really dumb and funny things over time but I had no idea he would talk about me. I feel like he really does love me. I've known that since I met him but, Mr. Popular, the guy that has so many friends and so much reconization would talk about me? Whoa. After about five minutes Oliver came back. “Sorry, I had to send a message to my parents about something. Haha, parents, over protective and things” He said shyly.

I could tell Melanie was starting to get pissed off because of the lack of attention. Not only that but she failed at embarrassing me. Or simply she hasn't won yet. "Yeah, Val is Anthony's little sister, she's a freshmen." Melanie said, stressing the word freshmen. "He basically leaves her in his shadow." This bitch, I had to say something back but I didn't want to be a bitch in front of Oliver or Denis. "He doesn't keep her behind his shadow. He just wants to protect her." Nathalia defended me, this is why she's my bestfriend. She would throw away the chance to get a boyfriend, just to defend me. "Oh really? Wow, I've never heard of a brother protecting his little sister from having friends and being popular like him." Okay, well. Bye Oliver I don't think you'd like me after seeing my bitch side.