iv

Oh my gosh, over 200 reads?! Thank you guys so much!!! I love all of you 🖤

**********

Obi-Wan paced back and forth in his quarters, thinking. Thinking about Anakin. The tattoo. Soulmates.

He kept telling himself not to dwell on it, but he couldn't help it. He didn't even like him in that way, so why was he his soulmate?

It was a good question, one he could not answer. Anakin was his padawan, he'd never like him like that. He couldn't like him like that. Besides, Anakin was practically a brother to him.

Anakin loved Padmé anyway, so even if he did like his padawan like that he'd never have a chance. Anakin was obsessed with her, and he knew it. Everyone knew it. It was obvious.

Anakin was never the best at hiding his emotions, especially from his master. It was very easy to tell how he was feeling. Whether he was troubled or filled with glee, you would know.

A soft sigh escaped Obi-Wan's lips. "I just don't know," he mumbled, stopping right in front of his window. He looked at the beautiful blue sky. "Life is confusing."

Obi-Wan stared outside the window and admired the city from his quarters. It was a lovely view (unless you were more of a wide-open-space kind of person).

He often liked to stare out his window or meditate when he was like this; unsure of what to do next. There was certainly no way he could ask for Yoda's wisdom in this situation.

He ran his hand through his soft locks, yet another sigh escaping him. He wished for some sort of guidance, but was pulled from his thoughts when he heard a knock at his door.

Obi-Wan made his way to the door and opened it, a revealing a somewhat-nervous Viola.

"Good evening Master Kenobi, I was just wondering if you'd like to join me in a sparring match?" Viola smiled at him hopefully, praying to the force that he'd say yes.

"Sure," he replied. He needed something to get his mind off of things anyway.

The two made their way down to the training rooms, Obi-Wan's robes flowing dramatically behind him.

Once they got there Viola didn't hesitate to take out her lightsaber and strike at the Jedi Knight. He quickly grabbed his own lightsaber from his belt, just barely blocking the attack.

She struck him once again, but wasn't aiming for his lightsaber. Obi-Wan couldn't quite figure out what exactly she was aiming for, but he was quick to block each one of her attacks.

Viola swung her lightsaber at his arm, careful not to actually cut his skin. She managed to tear the sleeve of his robes, which was exactly what she wanted to do.

"You're not nearly as aggressive as Anakin, I'll give you that." Obi-Wan chuckled, kicking her legs and causing her to fall.

"I don't think anyone fights as aggressively as he does." She laughed as well.

Obi-Wan offered his hand to her, which she gladly took. She made sure to glance at where his tattoo, quickly reading the words written in ink.

"Thanks for sparring with me!" She yelled, running off before he could say anything. Obi-Wan watched her leave with a puzzled look, but didn't question it.

**********

"Did you see it?" Anakin asked, taking a seat on the floor of his quarters.

Viola nodded excitedly, a grin plastered on her face. "Yup!"

"What did it say?" Anakin looked at her curiously. Although he wanted to be soulmates with Padmé, there was still a small part of him that hoped he knew exactly what Obi-Wan's tattoo said.

"Pleased to meet you. Wow! You're a Jedi too?" Viola started laughing. "Is that seriously the first thing you said to him?"

"Shut up!" He lightly shoved her shoulder, laughing as well. "Wait... seriously? So that means..."

"Your soulmate is your master!" she shouted with a grin.

"Stop, that sounds kinky." Anakin rolled his eyes at the other padwan.

"Whatever, I'm taking a nap in your bed." Viola ran off before Anakin could protest, leaving him alone on the floor.

The information took quite some time to really sink in, but when it did his eyes widened. What exactly was he supposed to do about the fact that his soulmate was his master?

And why wasn't he disappointed?

**********

This chapter was trash tbh.

I read through almost the entire script of The Phantom Menace to find that stupid line.

I'm currently at a family barbecue thing and I'm dying, the mosquitoes won't leave me alone.

send help