The Shirt

"Kaiya we have to go! The show is in 30 minutes!" I kept glancing down at my Rolex and pacing back and forth in the living room. I had not yet told her that she would be meeting 5 Seconds of Summer but I'm sure she would be more than thrilled.

"Geez Madeline not everyone can look good effortlessly like you can." Kaiya exited her bedroom and she looked stunning. She was wearing a casual light pink dress that was lace around the torso, but solid around the built in bandeau and the skirt of the dress, and to top it off, nude pumps.

"Daaaaamn you look good won't you back dat ass up!" I laughed and twirled her around, and her dress flared out like a princess.

"I'm so excited for this, aren't you?" She smiled.

I gave a nervous laugh and nodded my head. I glanced in the mirror one more time before I left. My hair was slightly wavy and the hot pink maxi dress I was wearing complimented the light pink dress Kiaya was wearing.

"You're never going to believe who is opening for my dad."

She looked over her shoulder as she locked the room up. "Who? No wait let me guess, Mayday Parade?"

"I wish..." I mumbled to myself.

She gave me a confused look. "Huh?"

"Uhm nothing." I said. "No it's not Mayday Parade. 5 Seconds of Summer actually."

Her mouth fell open and her face turned pale. "WHAT, NO WAY. OH MY GOD."

I smiled at her and sort of fake laughed. I was happy that she was happy and I was just going to have to deal with the fact that they were opening for my dad. Plus I was doing this for Kaiya so no matter how much I wanted Calum I had to keep away because Kaiya couldn't find out about last summer. She'd never look at me the same. I promised her I'd stop sleeping with the band members but Calum was different and I hadn't slept with anyone since him.

"We better hurry. There's a limo waiting outside for us." I walked hesitantly to the elevator with Kaiya. No matter how much I told myself I didn't have any feelings for Calum, I knew I was lying.

Calum's POV

I slipped on my Nirvana tank, the one from last summer. Something in me knew that Madeline was trouble I shouldn't get in to, but another part of me wanted her to realize this was the shirt she couldn't wait to rip off of me last summer and hopefully, this summer. I took one last sip of bourbon and walked out of my dressing room. I shut the door behind me and turned around and headed for the stage.

"Oh my god really? Excuse you."

"Oh shit I'm sorry miss." I looked up and over at the girl I had just collided with. "Oh. Haha second time today. You should really watch where you're going." I teased.

Madeline let out a chuckle but it quickly ended when she realized what shirt I was wearing. I watched as her big blue eyes moved over the shirt and then up at me. She swallowed hard and then pointed to a girl over by the snack table. "I have someone that wants to meet you."

"Is that Kaiya?"

She gave me a puzzled look. "How do you know?"

"I uhm," I regretted saying that not realizing she had no idea I kept tabs on her. "I see pictures of you with her on Instagram..." I said.

She smiled and then it faded. "I didn't realized you followed me on Instagram? Anyways go introduce yourself it will make her whole life. I'm going to look for the rest of the guys."

She pushed me towards Kaiya. "Okay okay I'm going!"

I walked over to the snack table and reached past Kaiya to grab a powdered donut. "You don't happen to be Kaiya do you?"

She froze and slowly turned her head. Her eyes widened and a huge smile came across her face. "Oh my god, you're Calum. Wow, is this real life?"

"Haha yeah I'm pretty sure, how are y-." I was interrupted by 3 screaming boys trying to form a group hug.

"WEEEE KAIYA! WE LOVE YOU KAIYA!" They all said in sync.

"Luke...." Kaiya said.

"Yes?"

"This is great and all, but I think you might have crushed a few ribs.."

Luke, Michael, and Ashton all extracted themselves from the death hug and properly introduced themselves.

"Wait," Kaiya held up a finger. "You have to introduce yourselves as a band!"

We all looked at each other and smiled. "Hi," "Hey we're 5 Seconds of Summer. Wait, is it hi or hey?" We all started laughing and I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find Maddie staring up at me, and she pulled me aside from the group.

"You can't tell Kaiya about last summer."

I nodded my head. "Okay? I mean I wasn't going to tell her anyways, but why?" I asked.

She looked down at the floor. "Look, there's some things you don't know about me, things I'm not proud of and it's just best if they stay secret because you'll wish you had never gotten involved with me."

I pulled her chin up and smiled. "Nothing will ever make me wish I hadn't met you."

"Calum you don't understa-." She was interrupted by my manager.

"Calum, you're on in five."

I looked back at Madeline. "I gotta go." As I turned away from her she lost all emotion in her face and I'm almost positive her eyes got a little watery. I wanted her. I wanted her comforting smile, and her big blue eyes and her stubborn personality. I needed her.