A Day With The Gals

Chapter Fourteen - A Day With The Gals

Zoe's POV

          "What were you saying about Niall when we were still in your house?" Eleanor said and suddenly I froze. I looked at Andrea, or Andi if she'd prefer. She locked her eyes with mine. I don't know if she still remembers me but she probably still does.

          "He passed out." I tried so hard to let the words out.

          "He what?!" Andi asked with anxiety obvious in her voice.

          "He passed out just after he had drank the booze I got." My hands were trembling and suddenly I felt like everyone's eyes were on me, examining me.

          "Well, it is a good thing he is safe and he passed out in a friend's house." Danielle says, she was being rational but that was true though.

          Eleanor nods and at the corner of my eye, I can see a glare from Andi. I can't blame her. If I were in her position, I'd be jealous too. How I wish I'd be in her position.

          The table was silent as we were waiting for our orders. It is a bit awkward with anyone not wanting to bring up a topic or speak until Danielle had the guts to speak up, "so, Andi and Stacey, I heard you were going to college this term?"

          Andi nods and Stacey manages a half smile while saying "yes."

          "What course and what college?" Eleanor asks Stacey.

          "I'll be taking up psychology at London Met while she," Stacey points at Andi, "she will be taking up photography at the same university."

          "Cool," Jo butts in.

          "I think so." Stacey smiles and looks down.

          "It's cooler if we have to go hang out after classes if you'd like. My university is just a 15 minutes drive from yours." Eleanor suggests.

          "I don't really think that would be cool, El. They are still freshman, don't put dirt on their minds but maybe you can at the second term." Danielle's rationale made us all drop our mouths agape. I didn't know she could be really frank there, so El changed the topic immediately to remove every tension away. "So guys, since we will be dealing with each other's faces every now and then, it would be, I think cool to know each of you." Eleanor says while sending Dani a wink. I shuddered at the thought. I bullied Andrea when we were still in gradeschool and being friends with her would make me uncomfortable.

          "Yes, yes! I consider that." Danielle agrees while clapping her hands excitedly.

          "What to know more about me?" Andi said, finally.

          "Well, where did you come from and the like, like you know, as if we just met and you didn't know my name." Childish Eleanor said. It's like introducing yourself to new friends way past high school.

          "So okay we will start from Jo here to me. Go Jo." Danielle smiles at Jo weakly.

          "My name's Jo, Joe Marie Edwards. I know, uncool name. At the moment, I sing in bars and clubs and I do some modelling sometime but that's just for fun and stuff. I came from the middle, Bradford and that's where I met Zayn. Zoe was my best friend in high school but we screwed things up but we settled it not until today." Jo looks at me and I flushed.

          "Hi everyone, I'm Zoe. Zoe Whelan. I am a model and nothing much to say I guess?" I stopped, I didn't know what to say, I can feel everyone's eyes on me like when I'm modelling especially Andi, "well, I used to live in the United States way past grade school but my dad had to relocate here in England for his job. So I think that covers it." I looked at my knotted fingers and managed to summon a smile.