Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

**Four days later**

Northwood Hills, Dallas, Texas

I was making my Curriculum Vitae on my laptop for job hunting next week. I have to get another job since I lost it when I broke up with Drew.

I rubbed my neck then rolled my shoulders to relieve from its stiffness. I was so stressed out due to what happened in the past days. I had fear of getting an anxiety attack but thanks God, being alone here in this isolated cottage, lent from my best friend in University, Maridel, helped me in some way to save my sanity.

Yeah, I was confused. Really confused. Ares made me. And what my mom said was so hard to fathom. It made me more confused. I needed time to process everything. To be alone and assess what happened in my life.

As the days went by, I realized something. I loved Ares so much that I couldn't stop thinking about him. I missed him more and more each day.

Another thing I realized? I was acting stupid again. Running away from him. I judged him already and jumped to conclusions. I never asked and gave him a chance to explain.

What is wrong with me? Why am I so impulsive?

I was such a fool. My insecurities and doubts overpowered me. Much worse, I believed Tiffany. I forgot that she was an envious snake! She loved Ares and would do anything to ruin my marriage with him.

I need to talk to Ares to clear up everything.

Should I call him?

What if he's mad at me?

What if he won't forgive me and push through with the divorce?

No. I have to face this. I'll never know if I wont' try.

I took my phone and pressed Ares' number. But it was out of coverage. A minute passed, I tried it again, then again and again. But still, he couldn't be reached.

Where is he?

I sat in lonely silence. A pain squeezed my heart as I thought of him. I never answered his 20+ calls and 10+ text messages when I left Greece. When I got here, he stopped calling and texting me. It made me feel so uneasy. Did he give up on me already?

I went to the kitchen to drink water when I heard a loud sound outside.

chakk-chackk-chak-chak! chakk-chackk-chak-chak!

What is that?

I ran outside to check where the sound was coming from. I was surprised to see a helicopter landing in front of the cottage. With shock, I stood frozen at the front door.

I merely stared as the helicopter door opened and a familiar man came out, carrying a box and a duffel bag.

It was Ares.

My heart pounded so loud deafening my ears and my body so stiff. I couldn't believe seeing him here. How did he find me? No one knew except Maridel.

He was walking towards me, looking so male and sexy in faded Levis, gray shirt and brown jacket. I couldn't figure out his expression since he was wearing shades. Oh God, I miss him terribly.

I noticed the helicopter behind him took off - leaving him. Oh no...

"Rachel." Ares said as he strode closer to me.

My eyes were focused at the helicopter which was now in the air. "The helicopter left! Why did you allow it to leave? How will you go home?"

He stopped and turned to look at the helicopter. The tenderness of his expression amazed me. "Forget about the helicopter. It will come back."