#1

Jacob POV (3 months later)

They really left. I honestly can't believe this. I can't believe that Santo would just take Myra and Ray like that Andover halfway across the world. It's not the same.

"Mom I love you" I said as she laid in her hospital bed.

"I love you too baby" she said horsely "but promise me that you will live happily even without me here"

"Mom don't speak like that" I said I still wasn't ready to let her go. She was all I had left. If she was gone I won't have anyone left, I'd be alone.

"Look I know my time is almost up" she said with her eyes closed "god is calling me up there with him. Jacob I'm not scared to die but I am scared that you won't be able to love happily. So please promise me....y-you'll........b-b-be h-happy"

"Mom!" I said as she started to stutter. "your going to be alright mom. Your going to be alright"

I continued repeating that to myself. Hoping deep down I would believe it. I held he hand and gripped it tightly as if it would keep her here with me.

"Please promise" she said after taking a deep breath. Her eyes still closed.

"Yes mom I promise" I said on the verge to tears, and I don't really cry. "I'll live happy with a beautiful family"

"That's nice" she said "good bye son"

She started shaking violently. I got scared. I tried calling for a nurse but I didn't want to let her hand go. I needed her to stay with me.

"Momma" I cried after hearing that long beep meaning her heart stopped. "mom no please come back"

I cried harder then I ever cried before. I was alone now. All alone in the city of California. Nothing left held me here. And I have to keep my promise to my mother.

So I packed my bags and with the little bit of money I've been saving I bought a ticket for New York.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Myra's POV

I woke up to the sound of an alarm clock. And groaned today was a new day, it may be the day they could see me.

After moving to New York me and Santo had to start school in the middle of the year. We moved in with Rayon's aunt and all the extra money we had is in a bank.

And school is okay I guess I don't really have any friends unlike Santo. After 3 weeks he was a hit. I miss my home in California though.

I woke up and handled my business then woke up Santo. We walked to school because it was pretty close.

"Have a good day Myra" Santo said as he ran ahead "make a friend"

I smiled faintly 'make a friend?' at this school that's partially impossible. I walked to class which was empty do I sat in my seat and took out my head phones.

On my phones I played 'Shark in the water by vv brown'.

Then softly sang with the song.

Sometimes I get my head in a dilly

Feeling so lost, ticking you off

Now boy, you know me well

Said, I'm that kind of feeling

That kind of soft, that kind of silly

But when I'm in doubt, I open my mouth

And words come out, words come out like

Baby, there's a shark in the water

There's something underneath my bed

Oh, please believe I said

Baby, there's a shark in the water

I caught them barking at the moon

Better be soon

"You have a nice voice" someone said by the door.

"Uhh thanks" I said without looking up.

"So what's your name I haven't seen you around"

"My name is Myra August and I've been here for 3 months" I said and finally looked up to see a boy.

"August?" he said while walking towards me. "Like Chresanto August"

"Yeah he is my twin" I said annoyed.

"Your twin?" he repeated. Then started laughing.

"What's funny?"

"Y-you think your his twin" he said while laughing even harder.

"What you think I'm not"

"There is no way that could be true"

"Idiot" I mumbled "why don't we ask him then"

"Why don't we"

I grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the classroom. And we walked around the school until I found my brother. He looked at me with a smile.

"Chres!" I yelled completely annoyed by the idiot I was pulling.

"What's up Mya" he said with my nickname.

"Mya? I thought your name was Myra" the boy said.

"It is" I said.

"Watsup bruh" Chres said to the boy "what you doing with my sister"

"She was talking bout she was your twin and I was like no way" he said while laughing and Santo just looked at him like he was crazy. He soon stopped. "So it's true"

"Yeah Myra is my sister" he said and hugged my shoulders "twin sister"

"Ohhhhhh" was all he could say.

"Idiot" I said and kissed Santo's cheek "bye now"

I said and walked off.

"Wait I'm sorry" he yelled running after me. "I didn't know you were serious"

"Well now you do"

"Are you mad at me" he said while stepping in front of me.

"Furious" I said "now get out of my way"

"Why?"

"What do you mean why" I said "you laughed at my face"

"And I apologized"

"And I don't care"

"Why are you pushing me away"

"Because I don't care"

"Look I just wanna hang out with you"

"Why?"

"Because you seem interesting"

"What is that supposed to mean"

"It means I believe you not only have trust issues but you've been hurt in the past"

I was silent how could he know that.

"So I'm right huh?" He said with a smile.

Maybe I should give him a chance or maybe he will hurt me. I didn't know so I didn't want to find out. Staying away was the best choice.

"My name is Kaleb by the way."

"Bye Kaleb" I walked pass him. Why did he decided to talk to me now?