#7

She started coughing almost immediately so I sat her up and patted her back. I looked at Jordan who was speechless. As soon as she caught her breath she looked at me and jumped back.

"y-you tried to KILL ME" she said. She looked terrified.

"what's going on Jayden" I hear Jordan finally say. She probably is mad now. "i think we would both LOVE to hear an explanation"

I sighed. I was feeling pressured by my little sister and she is actually getting to me. "okay look" i said before taking another sigh. "Jordan this is Myra."

"Jordan?" i hear Myra repeat. "y-your s-sister."

"yeah" i said and covered my face."I was paid by these guys to kill you......but I couldn't do it and ended up running into the fire and saving you."

"you tried to kill her but then turned around and saved her" Jordan said "

"yes I just said that"

"can I go home then"  Myra asked.

"NO" i yelled and she flinched "I'm sorry but if they find out I didn't kill you they'll  kill us"  I said I as I pointed to Jordan and I.

"then can I have my bracelet back"  she said.

"your bracelet??" I questioned then remembered I took it from her. i dug into my pocket and gave it back to her. I wonder why they would want that thing.

"i wonder why they would want this thing" Myra said reading my mind. I studied her facial expression and it went from confusion to worry.

"what's wrong Mya"  I asked.

"I'm worried about Santo"  she said "and STOP CALLING ME THAT"

I chuckled, it's kinda funny when she gets mad. "what makes you worry about him" I asked.

"he's my brother aren't I supposed to" she said looking straight at me.

That comment  confused me completely. I didn't know they were related.

"uhhhmm  can I call him"  she asked me.

"why"  I asked.

"so he doesn't go all Roc on people trying to find me"

"Roc?"

"it's just a nickname I gave him when he is all mad and violent" she said with a small smile.

I sighed. He would be too much trouble. "you can call but you can't say where you are or who you with"

"will do" she said. I pulled her phone out of my pocket as well as the battery and gave it to her. "it kept ringing to the way here so I took the battery out."

"oh uhhhh okay" she said  awkwardly as she waited for her phone to turn on.

Soon she had the phone up to her ear and waited for her brother's pick up.

Ray's POV

Its been a few hours since we were at the park and Chres has calmed a little but I can tell he is worried to death. Then the phone started ringing. Chres didn't pay it any mind and continued to search whatever on the computer. So I picked up his phone and answered it.

"yellow Chres' phone" I said and faced away from Chres.

"Rayan?!" someone on the other line said with a slightly confused tone.

"yeah" i said slowly then realized who it was. "MYRA!!??!" I screamed. I heard the sound of a chair falling back. So I glanced over my shoulder to see Chres standing and staring at me as if wanting an answer.

"where are you" I said trying to get some answers.

"I...I can't say" she said quietly. "I'm calling to tell you that I'm alright."

"Then when will you come home" i asked and listened as she mumbled with another person.

"I don't know" she said quietly after sighing. "I..I just don't know" she said. I could tell she was crying. I didn't know what to say. "but its okay." she finally said. "don't worry about me I'm fine."

".......alright" I said ".....stay safe"

"i will" she said "......goodbye ray. Please tell Chres I said I'm sorry and that I love him"

*click*

I slowly lowered the phone from my ear. I held the phone tightly but my hand soon became weak and the phone fell to the ground. My head lowered and I slowly turned to face Chres. I looked up at him but only to look down a few seconds later.

"Rayan....." he said slowly "where is she?"

"s...she..."

"w..where is she?"  he repeated and took a step towards me. "WHERE IS MYRA!?!"

"she....she said she wasn't coming back"  I finally said. "she said not to worry, that she was sorry and that she loved you."

"what..." he said and backed away to sit on his bed. "why is she so stupid? why doesn't she understand that they're coming after her? IM HERE TO FUCKING PROTECT HER so..so WHY DO I KEEP LOSING HER??!!" he yells.

"She doesn't know" I said.

"I've gotta find her"  he said and looked at me.

"We can't now" I said. "Jacob is here and we have to go meet him"

"Jacob?" he said "what is he doing here?"

"the only reason he stayed back was for his mom. But......she passed not to long ago."

"what are we going to do" he said "I can't afford for him to know too"

"i honestly don't know what to do now."

"uhhhh I'm such an idiot"  he says and runs his hands over his hair. "what made me think I could handle this."

"her parents"  I said. He looked at me and nodded. Damn shit just got crazy.