Chapter 5: Wake up Call

Keith woke with a start, his limbs were aching terribly: legs tense from sleeping in wet clothing; knees locked to his chest; arms coiled under his chin, hidden by the long green sleeves of a jacket he'd borrowed. His whole body was curled up on the couch, stiff and still and soaking itself into the blue fabric.

It took him a second to realize that he'd just walked in through the door, slammed it and sprawled onto his sofa; the boy fell asleep with a matter of minutes. He was just so... tired. There wasn't even any thinking going on. In the long run, it probably wasn't a good idea, but it seemed worth it. He had the chance to sleep with Lance's jacket on and he probably enjoyed it more than he should have.

Even if the jacket was damp and cold, Keith had it clung tightly to his skin, tugging to cotton fabric to his tug just so he could intoxicate himself with Lance's aroma. The poor child wasn't thinking straight then, (An// definitely not hehehe) but now he was; he was disgusted by his own thoughts and actions. 

Why the hell was he thinking like this? He hoped to god that the restaurant hadn't spiked his drink with alcohol; he couldn't deal with his parents freaking out about underage drinking. His parents still weren't home and Keith just assumed that they were out on a business trip again. As he stood up more comfortably he realized his home looked untouched, suggesting that they hadn't been back there for sure. He wished he got to see them more often, but they were just so busy. At least they weren't there to see me snuggling into my friend's jacket, he thought to himself while lugging into the kitchen.

The past few days he'd been trying to collect himself. All these weird thoughts about Lance were floating around in his head and he'd been forcefully pushing them to the back of his mind. Keith didn't have time to deal with mutual feelings right now (that was a lie, he had plenty of time in fact: all the time in the world, but he could care less; he'd rather die than fact the fact he might have had a small, miniscule, tiny crush on his friend: Lance).

Keeping the dull emerald jacket secure around his torso, he rummaged through his cupboard desperately trying to find something to eat: something to clear his brain from all these distracting thoughts.

Following his decision to toast some poptarts, he checked his messages, only to find many missed messages from Pidge, a call from Hunk and a couple of messages from Lance. They were all sent privately to him and not in the group chat. Well, a few were from the group chat, but not the one's directed at him.

Missed call from _pidgeontrash101_

Missed call from foodislife--

From _pidgeon trash101_:

Keith, did u get hom safe??

home**

Hey??

y rnt u responding??

srsly Keith<<??

r u ok??

im just gonna assume ur ok then dude, alrite/?

Today

OMFGGG 

DID U TKAE LANCES JACKET??

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THATS SO CUTE

PLS REPLY DUDE IM GETTING WORRIED

KEITH????

From foodislife--:

Hey! Did you make it home alright?

Shiro told me to say hello btw hehe ^_^

Alllura misses you and so does Coran LOL