Apologies

I am not completing this story.

Not because I don't have the time, or I'm not motivated.

Because I don't want to be involved with voltron in any way anymore.

I am actually disgusted with the show.

This has nothing to do with ships or anything biased and more to do with the canon content itself and things creators have said outside of the show.

Warning, this contains spoilers.

The first season was fantastic and the show prided on it's diverse characters which drew a lot of people in and they were excited for what they would do next with these characters.

Even more so, people were drawn in by the thought that these two male characters could possibly get together in a children's TV show, obviously it seemed far fetched but there were things that supported this theory. This was possible, Netflix is flexible about LGBT representation in kids cartoons. 

There was plenty of evidence to support this, including faces Keith would make when Lance was flirting, the bonding moment, color symbolism, all things the creators had previous used in their time working of LOK.

Even outside the show they stated that facial expressions are important.

However, as of that moment, Lance's main love interest was Allura, who always rejected his advances and continued to do so for the next.... 5 seasons. 

Things went a little downhill season two, with the whole NotAllGalra approach and writing a black character to look racist for fearing her oppressors. But these were minor issues and the show was only in it's second season so it was possible the show would get better.

With season 3, it brung the co leadership dynamic of Keith and Lance, building up from a rivalry to a friendship. With all the previous evidence of a romance arc with these two, this was seen as the second step up. In addition, Lance's constant flirting with Allura stopped and it became clear these two would become friends. Everyone was excited for season 4.

I barely even remember season 4 it was that boring to me. Obviously other people probably enjoyed it but I didn't care for it much. Season 5 was the same for me.

I enjoyed season 6 however, with Allura and Lotor having a romance arc, I assumed this would be a lesson for Lance to move on. I thought this would be a good way to handle it because hardly any children's show have a character who has to move on from their love interest and it would give a good moral.

Of course, this was not the case.

There was plenty of evidence to suggest Allura was not interested in Lance at all. For example, when the mice told her how he felt and she made a sympathetic face. Even throughout the previous 5 seasons. She did not like him in that way. I thought that this meant there was no chance of a romance arc between them, because that would just be bad writing.

I was wrong.

Before season 7 arrived, I was excited because they announced LGBT representation through Shiro, stating he was gay and had a fiance named Adam who would appear in season 7. They really hyped this up and I was thrilled to see this on the show itself.

Season 7 was no disappointment storywise, however when you take into account what the creators had previously told the fans and what they were continuing to say, season 7 became more disgusting to watch.

There was no indication that Adam and Shiro were romantically involved, even though there was plenty of opportunity to show it. It didn't even have to be in your face, maybe a simple question about who Shiro was mourning or Adam taking off an engagement ring in their argument. It became evident that the creators realized they messed up by hyping up LGBT fans with no actual representation in their show, so they made something up to appease them.