Chapter 1

When people asked Rosella about her earliest memory, she tells them she can remember back to when she was three, the day Fred and George turned her and Ron's teddy bears into spiders and caused their permanent arachnophobia.

When people asked why her hair was black rather than red, she told them that was just how she was born. Then they would ask her mother, who told them that it was none of their concern why her eldest daughter had a different hair colour, nor why her eyes were brown rather than blue like all the other Weasleys. She was their Rosella, and that's what mattered.

But when Rosella said that her memory goes as far back as three, she only said so to stay out of St. Mungo's. This is because her memory went much farther, but not far enough for her to know the true reason of her black hair and brown eyes, making her feel foolish. She remembered a childhood of laughter, playing and giggling, but one that seemed like another life. She remembered a black haired woman, smiling down at her as light shone behind her. She remembered another baby, a little boy, who used to steal his father's glasses and put them on upside down, going crossed eyed when he got them taken away. And she remembered a black haired man, her tiny hand clinging to his finger, and a single tear running down his cheek, before walking away. But she was certain that they weren't true memories, for she only saw them as dreams. But she still couldn't help but wonder.

When she was a kid, her mother taught her things in her own special way.

"Okay, Rosie! Ready to go through our letters again? A, B for Bill, C for Charlie, D for Daddy, E, F for Fred, G for George and Ginny, H, I, J, K, L, M for Mummy, N, O, P for Percy, Q, R for Ron and Rosella, S, T..." That was how she remembered the alphabet for a long time. That was also how she used to sometimes get Ginny and George's Christmas presents mixed up when she and Ron helped their mum hand out Christmas sweaters... After she and Ron accidentally unwrapped them for everyone. Everyone figured it out after George had accidentally ripped his trying to get it on while Ginny's covered her whole body. Everyone laughed, and George had given Ginny one of his Chocolate Frogs as an apology, their mother promising to knit Ginny new sweater. Ginny had only been a few months old at the time anyway, so she didn't really care.

A few more years passed, and Ron and Rosella were five. They were playing their room, when Fred and George came in, looking mischievous as usual.

"Hello, Ronnikin!" Fred called. "Hey, Rosiekins!" The younger twins exchanged looks, unsure what to do. "We heard of this neat thing called the Unbreakable Vow, and we want to try it on you!" Then, without waiting for an answer, Fred took a hold of both Ron and Rosella's hand, and George lifted up a wand.

"Where'd you get a wand, Georgie?" Rosella asked him.

"Its Daddy's!" He told her gleefully. "I nicked it from his bedroom!" Then he tapped each of their wrists, and a white lit up string went across their joined hands. Rosella and Ron looked at each other nervously.

"Do you, Rosella Weasley and Ronald Weasley, promise to always give Freddie and I all of your sweets, do all of our chores, and to not tattle on us anymore?"

"Fred! George!" Shouted a voice before either Ron or Rosella could answer. They all looked and saw Percy standing at the door. "Is that an Unbreakable Vow!?" Fred and George nodded meekly, Fred pulling his hand away from the younger twins and George hiding the wand behind his back. "Don't you two know that if they did break that vow they would die?" Fred and George both shook their heads. "I'm going to tell Mum!" Then he ran down the stairs, and Fred and George ran after him.

"No! Don't tell Mummy!" Fred called after him.

"We didn't know!" George added, and Ron and Rosella exchanged looks.

"You don't think they actually knew, do you?" Ron asked her, nervously. Rosella shook her head.

"No." She said, shakily. "Of course not. Freddie and Georgie love us. They wouldn't try to hurt us."

Now, six years later, Rosella is preparing to go to Hogwarts. Time to learn some of her own secrets.

(Okay, so this was a bit different from how I usually write, but I was really playing with this idea and gave it a good shot. What do you think?)