Chapter 7

As soon as the flying lesson was over, Rosella dragged Ron down to McGonagall's office, where they found Harry and Oliver Wood leaving.

"Harry! What happened? You're not expelled, are you?" they asked, and Harry shook his head, smiling.

"No! Professor McGonagall asked me to play on the House Quidditch team! I'm the new Gryffindor Seeker!" The twins' jaws dropped, just as Sir Nicholas and a lady ghost passed by. Sir Nicholas immediately turned to the lady ghost.

"Have you heard? Harry Potter's the new Gryffindor Seeker." He said, and the lady ghost's eyes went wide. "I always knew he'd do well." Rosella laughed at them, while Ron spoke to Harry in disbelief. 

"Seeker? But first years never make their house teams! You must be the youngest Quidditch player in-"

"-a century, isn't it?" Rosella asked, finishing his sentence. Harry nodded. 

"According to McGonagall, yeah." That was when Fred and George approached and walk along with Ron, Rosella and Harry.

"Hey, well done, Harry, Wood's just told us!" Fred told him, congratulatory.  

"Fred and George are on the team, too." Ron explained to Harry.

"Beaters." Rosella added, and George nodded in agreement.

"Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch. " Fred nodded that time.

"Brutal. But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally..." They broke off from the three, who were walking quickly across a courtyard.

"But they'll turn up in a month or two!" Then they both had to duck when two stones came flying at them.

"Shut up, you gits!" Rosella called back at them hotly. "You're scaring Harry!" Meanwhile, Ron was patting Harry's back.

"Oh, go on, Harry, Quidditch is great. Best game there is! And you'll be great, too!"

"Hi, Hermione!" Rosella wasn't paying a bit of attention. She didn't have as much of an interest in Quidditch as Ron did.

Hermione waved back at her, and jumped up to join them as Harry spoke again.

"But I've never even played Quidditch." He told them. "What if I make a fool of myself?"

"You won't make a fool of yourself." Hermione interjected. "It's in your blood."

WEASLEY 

The four went into the school trophy room, and Hermione led them over to a trophy case and pointed out  a plaque of Quidditch players. One listed Harry's father as a Seeker.

"Whoa. Harry, you never told me your father was a Seeker, too." Ron said, his eyes as wide as his hair was red.

"I-I didn't know. " Harry said, his eyes just as wide, but his heart wasn't in it. Rosella patted his shoulder comfortingly, trying to imagine how hard it was to realise somebody knew more about your parents than you did.