Chapter 3

"Are we there yet?"

"Ron, for the one hundredth time, we have to get to Platform 9 and 10!" Rosella gave Ron a whack as they walked through the train station, pushing their trolleys. Mrs. Weasley sighed.

"Children, please stop arguing. We don't want to attract too much attention from the Muggles, do we?" She asked them. Both Rosella and Ron shook their heads, their faces red.  They were heading for Platform 9 3/4 to get on the Hogwarts Express, to finally go to the school itself.

Rosella quivered with excitement as she walked, feeling the warm end of summer sun beating down her and warming her hair, the smell of smoke filling her nose and the sounds of people calling ringing in her ears.

"Goodness. Its crowded, isn't it?" She asked Mrs. Weasley as she bumped into another Muggle.

"It's the same year after year. Always packed with Muggles, of course." Soon, Rosella could see the sign that was labelled 9. "Come on. Platform 9 ¾ this way!" Her mother called, and they were pulled into between Platforms 9 and 10. "All right, Percy, you first." Rosella watched as her third eldest brother ran towards the brick wall and disappeared right into it! "Fred, you next." Mrs. Weasley called.

"He's not Fred, I am!" One of the twins said, and Rosella snickered. She knew that was George. They had been playing that joke for years.

"Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother!" Fred told her, shaking his head. Mrs. Weasley sighed.  

"Oh, I'm sorry, George." Then Fred approached the wall.

"I'm only joking. I am Fred." He said, then he ran through the wall, and was followed by his twin brother.

"Excuse me!" Came a nervous voice, and Rosella turned to see that boy from Diagon Alley! "C-could you tell me how to-"

"How to get on the platform?" Mrs. Weasley interrupted him, and he nodded. "Yes, not to worry, dear. It's Ron and Rosella's first time to Hogwarts as well." The boy looked to the twins, and they smiled at him reassuringly. "Now, all you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous."

"Good luck." Ginny told him, and the boy took a breath and ran at the wall, disappearing into it.

"Alright, you two!" Mrs. Weasley turned to Ron and Rosella. "You've delayed it long enough. Rosella, you first dear, then Ron, and Ginny and I will be right behind you!" Ron and Rosella exchanged looks, then took a running start, and ran right through the wall! Rosella looked around in amazement. Smoke poured from the engine next to her, owls hooted from all over. Some kids were already on the train and were yelling to their parents through the windows, some fighting over seats. She passed a round faced boy saying,

"Gran, I've lost my toad again."

"Oh, Neville," the old woman sighed. There was also a boy with dreadlocks, surrounded by a crowd.

"Give us a look, Lee, go on." Said a boy, and the boy with dreadlocks opened a box, earning shrieks and yells from his crowd as something a long and hairy leg came out of the box!

Rosella hurried along, finding Fred and George and having them help her load her trunk onto the train, along with Ron's. Then their mother and Ginny came over, gave kisses and hugs, then the jumped onto the train, where Percy already left for the prefect compartments at the front, and the older twins ran to look for their third year friends, leaving Ron and Rosella to fend for themselves as they looked through the compartments of first years, until they finally came upon the boy from Diagon Alley.