Chapter Fourteen

Kaia sat down on her bed and tried to focus on the novel in her hand. It was a romance novel, of course. This time, however, she couldn't focus. Not because rain was thundering outside and the wind was howling. In fact, her mind kept wandering. So many thoughts flooded her mind. She thought of Trystan, first. She thought of what had happened. It was just this morning but it felt like a long time ago.

She dropped the book and rubbed her temples. How did she get here? From working in her aunt's café to dating a billionaire. It seemed unreal.

Then there was her aunt who hated Trystan very much. She remembered the first time she saw Trystan. She still didn't know why he had been in the café, he hadn't been there for baked goods, that was for sure.

She had a feeling that her aunt's dislike of him had to do with that day. She was falling in love but she wasn't blinded by it. She knew Trystan wasn't perfect. He wasn't the caring type, he was a person that ruined people and took over companies. He wasn't known for forgiveness and he wasn't known for falling in love.

She might love him but she was sure he would never love her, not the way she wanted anyway.

She had a feeling that his past hadn't been all that good. From the way he had been this morning, she was sure of it. She wished she could just ask him but she knew he wouldn't tell her.

She wrapped her arms around herself. She wondered what would happen when the storm passed. She wondered if Trystan would pursue her. She wondered if he would forget her completely. Somehow, the thought made her feel like crying.

She heard someone knock on her door. She slid off the bed and made her way to the door to open it.

She thought it was her aunt.

It was Trystan.

"Hey." He whispered, his arms tucked into his pants pocket.

"Hey," he whispered back. "Can I come in?"

She stepped back to allow him enter and closed the door behind him.

She felt a sense of déjà vu, remembering when he came to her apartment.

She turned and found him staring at her.

She gulped at the intensity of his gaze. She looked down at her night wear. She was wearing really short shorts and a tank top.

"Trystan." She said, softly. He blinked and looked away.

When he turned back, his gaze was clear and expressionless.

"I'm sorry about this morning." He said. Kaia nodded, knowing that that was the end of it. He wouldn't explain. He sighed, his face expressed worry.
"Kaia, I . . ., are you. . ." He trailed of, running his hand through his hair.

She stepped closer to him and placed her hands on the sides of his face. She stood on her toes and kissed him.

He wrapped his arms around her, holding her against his body, and kissed her back.

Kaia's mind went blank.

There was nothing except the feeling of his lips against hers.

She moaned, her entire body feeling light and free. It was incredible.

Trystan pulled away, Hus hands still on her.

He gave her a bright smile.

"You're incredible." He told her. She smiled.

"I know." She responded, her eyes twinkling.

He smiled wider.

"I want to sleep holding you in my arms." He confessed.

Her eyes widened in shock. She has never slept in the same bed as a guy before but the thought of sleeping with Trystan's arms around her excited her.

"I won't do anything you don't want me to do."

She nodded, looking everywhere else except his direction.

He made her face him.

Then he leaned in and kissed her.
****

Candace fumed as she watched Trystan go into Kaia's room. She didn't trust that guy. Hell, she didn't like him. He was bad news, especially for Kaia. She folded her arms and let out a huge sigh. She wished she could protect Kaia from him but it was all up to her.

"Is the lovely Mrs. Reed spying? Well, that doesn't surprise me at all." She heard a familiar voice from behind. She rolled her eyes and turned to face Fallon.

"What do you want?" She asked, fuming.

"Well, I heard movement and I decided to come check it out. I guess the people in this mansion don't like sleep."

"Your friend is in my niece's room. What is he doing here?"

"Do you really want to know what he's doing in there?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. She realized what he meant.

"No way. Kaia wouldn't allow him to . . ." She trailed off.

"To?" He prompted, smirking.

"Shut up." She let out, wanting to slap the smirk off his face. He just laughed at her.

"Your niece may not be a prude like you." She gasped, her eyes narrowing. This idiot wanted to die.

"Listen here, you bastard. I am not a prude. I just respect myself."

"And your niece doesn't?"

Candace wished she could wrench his head off his neck.

She turned and walked off, murmuring.
When she left, Keith came into Fallon's view.

Fallon saw the look Keith gave him.

"What is it?"

"He's back." Keith said, stonily.
Fallon cursed. This was bad.

"When?"

"This morning."

"We'll tell Trystan in the morning."

"Is that wise?" Keith asked.

"No, but it will be worse if we don't." They both turned to look at Kaia's bedroom door.

And I'm done. I was excited writing this chapter but I was sooo tired. 😏😏😏
I'm not a writer so my chapters may be awkward. Anyway hope you like this chapter.