Chapter Thirteen

"Morning, Percy," Oliver greeted, pushing open the door to the office.

The redhead looked up from his paperwork, grinned, nodded, and looked back down.

Oliver hung his bag from the back of his chair and sat down, pulling out the latest article he was working on: the Flying Eagles (an American team) vs. the Holyhead Harpies (the Harpies had won).

After few more minutes of silence, Oliver could still practically feel the tension in the air. This was not okay! He had kissed - snogged - Percy! And now they were sitting in silence like awkward first years again? No, thank you.

"Percy," Oliver started, shifting in his chair, "we need to talk about Saturday."

Seriously, they did. Were they together? Were they 'just friends'?

Percy nodded, a painful expression on his face.

"So, um, working with you really has kept my mind off not being able to play quidditch. It would have killed me - maybe literally - otherwise. So, that's good. But..."

Percy nodded. "Yeah. We were just... I don't know. Let's just forget the whole thing. It never happened."

What? Was this what Percy wanted? This was not what Oliver wanted.

"Oh. Okay. Yeah. That's what... yeah. Okay," Oliver replied. He wasn't exactly sure why his eyes were stinging.

So I decided to post an update... when, naturally, I should be studying for a big zoology test tomorrow... 😅
anyway sorry it's been a few days and sorry this is so short. I plan on getting a lot written this weekend! (Yay!)
-bane_is_bae