Chapter Twenty-Three

Katie: I just got the most brilliant idea.

Me: what

Katie: You and Percy need to come on a double date with Michael and I!!!!!!

Me: why

Katie: because we're best friends Oli, and bffs do that.

Me: when

Katie: yay!!!! Tonight

Me: kateeeee

Katie: great. Meet us at Marco's at 7?

Me: ._.

Katie: DRESS NICE

Oliver sighed, rereading his messages from that morning. He was now just waiting on Percy to show up at his flat.
The door swung open right at that moment.
"Hi, Oli," Percy grinned.
The first thing Oliver noticed was that he had on the shirt Oliver had given him before the concert.
"Oh, that looks familiar," Oliver grinned.
Percy blushed.
"It looks good on you."
Percy blushed even more.
"You look pretty good yourself," Percy said. Oliver was simply wearing a nice, solid black shirt, nice jeans, and black converse.
"Oh, come here," Oliver smirked.
Percy grinned back, but he walked over to Oliver, who kissed him.
Percy kissed him back.
"We better go," Oliver whispered against Percy's lips. "Katie will kill me if we're late."
Percy laughed - a sound that filled the entire room, made it seem brighter somehow.
"Well then," Percy said, sliding his hand into Oliver's, "shall we?"
They apperated.

"I should warn you," Oliver said, laying a hand on Percy's arm. "Katie's a bit, well... psycho."
"I thought you and her were best friends?"
"Oh, yeah," Oliver laughed, "we are. But she flipped out when I told her we were dating."
A look of horror crossed Percy's face. "Oh no. She wasn't mad at you was she? I'd feel terrible if it was my fault-"
Oliver laughed. "Not like that. No, she was more excited than... disgusted or whatever. Anyway, let's go."
They'd been waiting outside the muggle restaurant Marco's, but they made their way inside.
"Good evening," the host greeted. "Two?"
"Oh, we've got friends here."
"Oh, yes, of course. Right down this corridor, to your left."
Oliver nodded. "Thanks." And he pulled Percy along with him.

"Oliver!" Katie called, waving. She and her boyfriend were sitting on one side of a table in a corner, two open chairs across from them. Percy and Oliver sat down.
"Katie, hi," Oliver greeted, "Michael. How are you?"
"Great," they said together, and laughed.
"And you?" Katie asked.
"Good, good," Oliver said.
"Percy?" Katie asked.
"I'm good."
"Oh, Perce, this is Michael," Oliver said. "Michael, Percy."
"Nice to meet you," Percy said.
"You too."

"Oh, my goodness. That was probably the best chocolate cake I've ever had. I'm so full," Katie commented, laying her fork down.
"Same," Oliver agreed.
"It was good," Percy said.
"I'm getting some to go," Michael laughed.
"So, Oliver," Katie said, "how much longer until the next match you can play in?"
"Well," Oliver answered, "it's still supposed to be about two months. But I think I may go by after work tomorrow and have them revaluate. Because I really feel great."
Percy laid his hand on Oliver's.
"Are you sure?"
Oliver shrugged. "Like I said, I feel good."
"What if you get hurt?" Percy asked.
Oliver could just see Katie screaming inside.
"I'll be fine," Oliver smiled at his boyfriend. "I promise."
Percy didn't look convinced. "I just don't want anything any more serious to happen."
"I know, love. I'll be okay. I promise. Because if I weren't, then I couldn't do this..."
Oliver kissed Percy softly, and Katie actually squeaked. And both boys laughed.