Chapter 6

I fall asleep with Louis still beside me. For once in my life, I don't dream. When I wake up, I'm alone. It's silent here, and my clock reads 9:30. I slowly get out of bed, wrapping my blankets around me as I trudge downstairs. Someone's cooking something, so I make my way to the kitchen. Standing there, wearing an apron (of all things) is Louis. He turns to me, grinning. His tongue pokes at his lip ring.

"Good Morning, Miss Copper." He mock- bows to me, "I'm making breakfast for us." I sit down and look around.

"Is Jesse up yet?" I ask, looking around. She's usually up around now. He shrugs.

"I haven't seen her..." He puts down the frying pan and takes out his phone. "Oh shit..." He mutters as he looks at his screen.

"What?" I ask, tensing up. He looks at me and hands me my phone. At his lock screen are dozens of messages from Harry.

11:31: couldn't get any stuff tonight. we need £50

11:52: the cute girl from the show is in my car

11:53: the sister of the hot one

11:55: she's piiiissed man. And at Vic.

12:07: IM IN BED WITH HER

12:14: you better be getting some ass right now cos you aren't responding

I look up to Louis, biting my tongue. He sits down next to me, throwing his apron to the side.

"She's probably fine."

"She's a Virgin who has a weak will. She's not okay." I reply, rubbing my forehead with my fingertips.

"Harry... He may be a sleaze, but I don't think he'd hurt her."

"Whatever, I need to get over there," I respond, getting up and grabbing my coat at the other side of the kitchen. Louis pulls me back to him by the arm, and I shake him off, "Get ready, Louis! Now!"

"But... Breakfast." He pouts. I roll my eyes.

"Breakfast can wait. Nothing's more important than Jess right now!" Louis tugs off the apron and tosses it to the floor.

"Fine. I can drive you." He turns off the stove and walks back to the hall, pulling on his brown leather jacket and slipping on his converse. I shove my feet into my vans and step out into the daylight. I look like trash in just a jacket, tank top, and Pyjama pants. Everything I'm wearing is wrinkled, my hair is an absolute mess. Louis looks like a model or something. Absolutely gorgeous. I shake the magnificent image of him from my mind and hop into my car, into the passenger seat. I've never been in it before. And I can't help but be annoyed when Louis sits in my spot. He won't know how to treat my baby right... My eyes are glued to his hands. He's gripping the wheel wrong. It disgusts me.

"Be careful." I say as he pulls out, "She's delicate." Louis turns his head to me and laughs.

"She?" I lean over to hit his arm. Extremely dangerous now that we're driving. "God, it's just a car, Victoria." My eyes and mouth widen.

"Just a car?" I shake my head, "No no, this is not 'just a car'. This is my car. The best car. No car is like her." I smile and pet the dashboard. "So don't blaspheme her." Louis nods slowly.

"Yes ma'am." He salutes. We drive in almost complete silence for a few minutes until we arrive at the house. It's almost identical to the ones in our estate, only just a little smaller. Louis gets out first, slamming the door behind him. As I get out behind him, I see him take out a cigarette and light it. Everything about him is so very male model car calendar shoot. It's... Sexy. I push my hair from my face and start to trudge down the stone pathway to the door. Louis ran forward, the cigarette still hanging from his mouth.