Chapter 3

~Jesse's POV~

As we drive to Nando's, Zayn and I keep a light conversation going while Vicky and Niall listen to his and Zayn's CD. I feel like the fourth wheel now if that is even possible. Zayn is only talking to me because Vicky and Niall are having their own boring conversation.

"So who was that kid with you?" Zayn interupts the silence that I was enjoying. I look at him and he smiles lightly waiting for my response. Looking into his eyes, I momentarily forget what I was going to say.

"Are you going to answer my question?" I come back to reality and feel my cheeks heating from embarrassment. "Hmm. Oh, um, he was just a guy I met at the orientation. He was really nice and I think he and I have some classes together." He nods. "Yeah he kind of seemed like a prude to me, but I guess we all have different taste in people." I glare at Zayn. I know I don't really know Liam but it was really rude of him to say that about Liam. He was just judging Liam by his looks and I absolutely hate when people do that.

"I'm sorry but you don't even know him. He could be hardcore or a metal head or even a rocker." He laughs at my response and shakes his head. "No, babe, I know a prude when I see one and he is defiantely a prude." He puts his arm around my shoulder and leans his head down onto it. I don't really have a problem with people touching me so I just let him lay his head down on my shoulder. "Well how would you like it if I just judged you by your looks and never gave you a chance because you looked like a punk?" He chuckles and small vibrations run through my arm causing me to shiver. "Well I think that I would make you give me a chance."

I roll my eyes at him as he looks up to my face. "You wish you had that much control over me." He sighs. "Babe, I do have that much control over you." I'm about to argue with him that no one and I mean NO ONE has control over me and my decisions but Victoria speaks up before I can.

"Okay, we're here. Let's go get some food." Niall cheers and runs out of the car before I can even process what she was saying. Zayn moves away from me and opens his door to get out. After he is out, I open my door and follow inbehind all of them into restaurant.

A young girl leads us to a table and asks us what we want to drink. Everyone ordered a beer except for me. After she got down our order for three beers and one coke she left. Zayn turned to me and smirked. "Wow, Jesse you really party hard with your drink orders." I stick my tongue out at him and he laughs. "You know your sister, Niall and I were about to party real hard before you.." Niall punches him in the arm and drags him away from the table.

I look to Vicky in hopes that she would explain to me what just happened but instead she just shrugs. "What was that all about?" I ask her. She again shrugs. "I honestly have no idea. That was really weird." At the end of her remark she nervously smiles and I get the feeling that she knew exactly what was going on but I decided not to ask any more questions. She obviously didn't want me to know so why should I even try.

~Niall's POV~

I can't believe that he almost spilled the beans to Jesse. I thought I already told him that Vicky doesn't want her to know that she smokes. As soon as I pull him into the guy's bathroom I release his arm.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He looks at me with confusion written all over his face. I huff out of annyonce. "I have already told you that Vicky doesn't want Jesse to know that she smokes and you almost told her back there. So I'll ask you again, what the hell is wrong with you?" He shrugs. "Mate you didn't tell me that. You know I wouldn't have even tried to say anything about it if you had told me." I think back and realise that I really hadn't told him. "Sorry. I just really don't want Jesse to find out. I may not like her that much but she would be completely devistated and even worse she would hate Vicky, which would kill Vicky." He nods at me in an understanding way. "Okay don't worry absolutely nothing will be said to Jesse." I smile and we both walk back out to the table.