Chapter 5

The next day, I said my goodbyes to my family and headed back to my apartment at college. I needed the whole day to plan for the night ahead.

That night, I had no one in the apartment to confide in. They must have went out. So I had to pick my dress myself! It was a hard task, but I ended up deciding on a baby pink coloured dress. It was a bodycon dress which showed off my curves. It was a slightly low cut at the front, just to add a little riskiness! It went right above my knee. I really hoped that it wasn't too much. But I wanted to impress the guy so badly. And plus, the Black Cat Bar was quite a posh bar and so you couldn't go underdressed. I put on my usual makeup, and left my golden hair down and wavy. Perfect! I hoped.

And then, all I did was wait until the clock struck 8! As I was waiting, I felt my breath wasn't minty enough, even though I had brushed my teeth 10 minutes beforehand. I raced into my room to look around for my toothbrush, which I left down somewhere. But as soon as I did so, the doorbell rang.

'Shit,' I muttered. I gave up on my search and opened the door. There he was! As handsome as ever! He wore a suit! A suit! A black and white suit, my favourite! He also wore his incredible smile. He looked me up and down. He looked impressed, I think, I hope!

'You look incredible, Nicole! Wow!' He said as he was smiling away.

I blushed and said thank you. He reached for my hand and I suddenly realised I had left my bag inside. Wow, was a I stupid.

'I'm sorry, I just realised I left my bag inside. One sec,' I said nervously. I retreated back into the apartment and picked my bag up from the table. I went back to the door where Mark stood, with his hands in his pockets. I grinned at him. I began to lock my apartment and as I turned around, he put one hand on my waist and kissed me on the lips. A quick kiss. But it sure as hell was a good one! I gave him a teethy grin and he took my hand again and we headed into the lift and downwards to the bottom floor.

Throughout the car journey, I talked about how my car was running great. He talked of how his Dad was a mechanic and he learned a lot from him. I felt sorry for him that he didn't speak to his parents. I wanted to know why. But I didn't ask.

We reached the Black Cat Bar car park, where I leaped out of the car. Yes, leaped. I needed to seem confident. I reminded myself that confidence is key. 

The fresh cool air was a huge change to the air con in his car. I was freezing, but I couldn't show it. I grabbed Mark's hand and led him into the bar.

As soon as we got in there, it was fairly busy. People were everywhere, pushing through us. But I had seen it busier. I let go of Mark's hand as a man was trying to get between us. I found him again after a few seconds of panic.

'You okay?' Mark asked, as he put a hand on my back and escorted me to a free table. I nodded and smiled. I sat down on the couch at the table. It was a good location, the bar was nearby.

'Mark continued to stand and leaned down towards me. 'What would you like to drink? It's on me.'

'Um, sex on the beach?'

He grinned and said he would be back in a minute. I watched as he walked over to the bar. He had such a masculine walk. Wow. He came back with my drink and a martini for himself. I quite liked his choice of drink. It was one I heard of that men enjoyed a lot.

He sat down on the couch beside me and placed my drink in front of me.

'Enjoy,' he said, cutely.