Chapter 32

Artie: *Stands up and walks over.* I was in a war. I had rival clans try to take my life. I spent 3 years being tortured by my childhood hero and mentor. Im the outcast of my race, and spend every day helping this city asking for nothing in return. You have no damn right to call me a coward! *Tears lingering in his eyes.* This is why I hate people.

Levi: Then you shouldnt have a promise that you knew that you wouldnt nor couldnt keep.

Daniel: Just because my brothers a good man and refuses to kill does not give you a reason to shun him for it!

*The Monstrum members look at Daniel surprised as he sticks up for Artie and places a hand on his shoulder.*

Daniel: Yeah, hes a nut job who chose a shitty job involving hocus science and criminals, but he works his ass off to do good in it, and Im proud of him! That being said, I can not allow you to degrade his name any further just because he has a respect for the living! Think of others. Are you the only one whos been changed into a hideous monster unwillingly? No! So quit groveling and just wait a damn minute so Larson can get here! We already told you hes busy keeping this place from going to hell!

Heimich: .That was unexpected.

Artie: Daniel, Im honored, but please never do that again.

Levi: *Aims the gun at himself again; completely suicidal, and not listening to reason.* I said get Larson here.

Sam: *Pulls out his cell phone, and texts Larson.* 'Larson, you need to get over here to the medical wing, ASAP.'

Larson: 'Its going to have to wait a moment. We just received two new kids, and ones in tears. How does Artie deal with these all the time?'

Sam: 'Would you like me to send Artie that way?'

Larson: 'Hes grounded. That means no leaving his room.'

Sam: 'What are they?'

Larson: 'Some kind of mix. Nothing too dangerous, but they are causing a fuss. I dont want to leave them here and find out the hard way what they can do.'

Sam: *Looks up at Dean.* Dean, you, like Artie, are great with kids. Why dont you go see if you cant help? *Goes back to texting Larson.* 'My brother is great with kids as well. I could have him come help if you want, or I could just call you back, and put you on speaker.'

Dean: Uh, I dont think so, Sammy.

Sean: *Managed to get Artie to sit with him again.*

Larson: 'Ill just bring the damn things down there. I swear though, if theres a commotion down there when I get there, Im tranquilizing the cause.'

Sam: *Looks at Levi.* Alright, Youve got what you wanted; Larsons coming.

Levi: *Hands the gun back up to Dean, stands up, and wipes his eyes.* Good. My plan worked. *Smiles, and then looks down at his injured hand. Stops smiling.* Could I get some help with this? *Holds up his hand.*

Sean: You provoked the fae.

Gellin: He has a point.

Jerald: Ill go get the gauze.

Larson: *Comes into the room, shirt collar messed up and hair out of place. Carrying a kicking child who's crying under one arm, and dragging a young 11 year old girl with the other.*

Jimmy: Let go!

Alex: *The girl.* Leave my baby brother alone, you creep!

Larson: Will you two settle down already!?

Levi: *Looks at Larson.* So, you must be Larson. Im Levi Wintergreen.

Larson: Yeah. Nice to meet y_. *Cut off by Jimmy.*