Chapter 34

Saraid: *Walking quickly. Doesnt seem to know his way around as well as the other employees and gets himself lost.*

Dean: *Walking down the hall, looking for Saraid.* Whered he go?

Saraid: Shit. *Goes back the way he came only to run into the Winchesters. Jumps back frightened and instinctively tries to run away.*

Dean: *Grabs onto the back of Saraids shirt.* Easy there; we just want to talk. *Lets go.*

Saraid: *Rubs his arm nervously.* I-I already said I dont know anything.

Dean: Heres the thing, kid. Everyone knows that youre hiding something.

Saraid: *Guilty. Shaking, but tries to hide it by playing with his hands.* I-I cant tell you anything.

Sam: *Regrettably places a chloroform soaked rag over Saraids face. Picks him up, and carries him to the library.*

Dean: *Binds Saraid to a chair.* Sorry kiddo, but its for your own good. We cant have you running off. *Sits down next to Sam, across the table from Saraid, and waits for Saraid to wake up.*

Saraid: *Groggy when he wakes up.* Wh-what? *Panics when he realizes where he is. Pulls at his wrists, but doesnt pull the same move Artie did with trying to break the bindings, and instead gives up.*

Dean: Good morning, sleepy head.

Sam: Sorry about making you unconscious. We had to get you in here where we wouldnt be bothered.

Dean: We know that you know something about the siren, and we want you to tell us.

Saraid: *Nervous, but doesnt open his mouth. Just shakes his head.*

Sam: We saw how you reacted when we first approached you about this. Youve got some nervous ticks.

Dean: Rubbing your arm, and then playing with your hands. Its a dead give away. If you want to lie convincingly in the future, practice telling lies in front of a mirror; it helps you to learn how to control all of your giveaways. So, again, what do you know?

Saraid: I wont tell you.

Dean: People are being killed, Saraid.

Saraid: Just give it time.

Dean: *Stands up, hands flat on the table, leaning forward.* You know that people are dying. Do you really want their deaths weighing on your mind? The sooner you tell us what you know, the sooner we put a stop to the siren, saving who knows how many other people.

Sam: ....I see it now. Youre friends with the siren, so you naturally want to protect him. Did you even stop to think that hes just using you?

Saraid: *A bit embarrassed, face flushes.* Were not exactly friends.

Dean: *Eyes widen with surprise.*

Sam: Youre lovers. That makes your wanting to protect him even more powerful than what I thought at first.

Dean: Still, he could very well be toying with your emotions. *Sits back down.*

Saraid: Were not lovers either. *Sees their confusion and explains.* He tried to put me under his spell. I still cant believe I didnt do that. *Red.* But it failed thanks to my Troll blood he was unaware of.

Dean: Then why are you protecting Kalix?

Saraid: *Flushes darker and fidgets uncomfortably.* I-I don't want to say.

Sam: Fine. Then where are his hunting grounds?

Dean: *Looks over at Sam real quick.* Hes killing people, Saraid. Those people have families, friends, even loved ones that care deeply about them. Kalix is not only leaving deaths in his wake, but destroying the lives of thousands of others as well. So either give us the info that we need, or live with the guilt of knowing that you couldve saved a lot of people from the pain of losing a loved one. *Sadness shows in his eyes. What he had said had reminded him of the time that he failed to kill the striga that had went after Sam while they were kids; only taking solace in the fact that they had finally ganked it years later.*