A Fight to the Finish

"Audino, start off with  dazzling gleam!" 

"Charizard, dodge it and use flame thrower!"

The battle had started, and Alain couldn't be happier. The fact that he was able to battle his childhood friend was beyond his wildest dreams. In all honesty, Alain always pictured Maron going off to do contests or become Kalos Queen, never had he thought he would be battling her at nine at night with a professor in buneary slippers as their referee. 

Audino fired her attack with speed and grace, almost making it impossible for charizard to dodge. But, this is Alain's charizard we're talking about, so charizard was always quick to react and throw his flames at his opponent. 

Swiftly flying above dazzling gleam, charizard built up his flames and launched them at a alarming rate, sending it speeding down towards audino. 

The flame thrower attack hit audino dead center onto her chest, making her stumble back and lose her balance. She stood up, however, and waited for her trainer to call a command. 

"Now's your chance, use thunder," Maron shouted at audino which left Alain baffled as he saw audino building up electric energy and releasing it onto charizard. Charizard tried to dodge it, but the attack was faster than he expected, making the electricity hit him on the back and sending him crashing down to the battle field below.   

Maron wickedly smile at her opponent. "Now do you understand how strong I've become, Alain?"

"Oh, indeed I have, although..." Alain looked down at his mega bracelet and smiled, "I hope you do realize that you're not the only one whose gotten stronger over six years. Now, let's see what you can really do! Charizard, respond to my heart and mega evolve!"

And with that, charizard started to glow and a giant, rock like dome concealed charizard before exploding due to a bright light. A black charizard with jagged wings and blue flames roared loudly, waking up a few neighbors, who angrily flicked on their lights and opened their windows to angrily retort about how late it was. 

Until they realized it was a pokemon battle. 'This is normal,' they all thought in response and shrugged their shoulders before some went to bed while others stayed awake with their night robes on, leaning against their windowsills. Even some children, with pokemon associated dolls (mainly teddiursa and pikachu dolls with a few torchics here and there) in their arms, came running outside and witnessed the fight. 

Maron looked at the children and adults now spectating and grinned up at one brown haired child with a chespin doll in her hands. 

"Now lets give everyone a real show, audino! Please respond to my heart and mega evolve!"

Audino, just like charizard, was covered in a rock formation before breaking, revealing a mega audino who called out her name just as loud as charizard. 

Alain started to devise a plan in his head. 'I can't use dragon claw anymore now that audino is part fairy type, so that leaves me with three moves. This is going to be tough, but I know charizard can push through.'

"Alright, audino. Don't hold back and use psyshock!"

"Dodge it charizard and use thunderpunch!"

Charizard flew up while audino's eyes started to glow as she sent a physic wave towards charizard, however, charizard's tail was the only thing the attack hit while he was in midair. Then, charizard came bolting down towards audino. 

"Audino, hit charizard with thunder before you're hit!"

Right when charizard made contact with audino, charizard and audio were both harmed by their opponents attack, making charizard and audino stumble back. Alain looked at his charizard and noticed him twitching every so often but still managing to stand up. Charizard was paralyzed.