so i can feel something

Hi everyone! Long time no see! (I'm kidding) I'm back already with a brand new story for all of you! This time its a series of one shots about different peaks (both really important memories or little day to day moments) of The Joker and Harley's life. If you have any headcannons or moments/stories you would like to see me write either leave a comment here or you can leave a comment or message me in instagram (its @drharls there too!) I hope you enjoy this story just as much as the last one! Love you xx

Soundtrack: Touch- Daughter

The first time Harley and The Joker slept in the same bed.

She stood in the living room, her hands crossed in front of her body, looking anxiously at the three men sitting on the sofa. They shouted at the video game playing on the television, making her jump. They occasionally turned to leer at her, making her shiver, before laughing and turning back to the television. She looked at the floor, pushing the black-rimmed glasses up her nose and trying not to cry.

She was still very much Harleen Quinzel. The electroshock therapy he had bestowed on her hadn't quite erased it all. He saw the burns on each side of her head as she tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear with shaking fingers. He couldn't leave her down here.

"Doctor" he drawled, making her start and look to him anxiously. "Come upstairs with me."

Her eyes widened and her mouth opened slightly at his words. She cast a glance over to the men on the couch who had paused their game to look at the boss. He growled at them, an effective warning, and they resumed playing. Harleen looked at him with fear, shaking her head once before returning her gaze to the floor. He walked towards her, crossing the room in a few steps and grabbed her harshly by the wrist.

"Listen to be, doll-face. I'm not asking. I tell you something, you do it? Understand? I don't care about any previous doctor-patient boundaries previously between us. You belong to me now."

She whimpered quietly and nodded. He pulled her by the wrist, leading her out of the room and up the stairs to his bedroom. He pushed her inside, shutting the door behind them. Harleen looked around. This wasn't what she expected. Clothes were strewn about everywhere, the armchair thrown and upended in the centre of the room. It was a mess. She had already tried to clean most of the dishes downstairs (some were beyond saving) and it looked a if she would have to clean up here too. The space itself was quite large, but she could hardly see anything through the sea of clothes.

"Ever heard of a laundry hamper?" she quipped quietly, daring herself to look up at him. He chuckled darkly. "Very funny doctor. I like it when you make jokes." She smiled a little and watched his as he pushed through the clothes on the floor and opened a door on the other side of the room. She could see a sink and bathtub from where she was standing. He turned back to her, motioning with his head, asking her if she understood. She nodded quickly and looked back down.

He walked over to her again and lifted up her face with a finger under her chin. "I'm taking a shower. Don't try anything Doctor Quinzel. I wouldn't like to mess up that pretty face of yours just yet."

Harleen gulped audibly and he laughed at her panic, grabbing something off the bottom of the bed, stalking into the bathroom and shutting the door behind him.

Harleen exhaled. Oh god. What was she doing here? When he told her he needed a machine gun and wanted to escape and take her with him, what was she expecting? A fairy tale? Certainly not, but she never realised this was the sort of the thing he wanted. From what she gathered he didn't desire sexual exchanges. He didn't need them like other men did. But as she stood there alone in the bedroom, listening to the shower running, she couldn't even be afraid. Like he said, she was his. He could do what he wanted with her.