chapter 14

Dougie walks over to us, he notices Therese and Louis by themselves chatting.

«I dont get it.»

He says.

We look at him as he steps next to me.

«What is it you dont get?»

Harry S. asks him.

«Nothing, just thinking to myself.»

Dougie answers. But I get it, or I think I do. Either he means about Therese sitting next to Louis or he doesn't get why she still avoids him. Niall looked a little confused, but he was looking back and forth at Therese and Dougie next to us. He was starting to get it too, I think. He looked at me, I gave him a pitty smile back. I was so stuck into this situation in my head that I hadnt noticed Liam was standing much closer to me now than before.

«If it is about the fishing mate, then I can inform you that pretty much none of us know anything.»

Liam laughed.

«True.»

Harry J. responded. He put his arm around Dougies shoulder to comfort him. Liam did the same, putting his arm on my shoulders. I looked at him with a smile.

«It doesnt hurt to try it though.»

I said.

«Oh, you're so smart!»

Harry S. said in a sassy girly way, touching the tip of my nose, yes making fun of me. I looked at him devilish, he is looking for it.

«Watch out now Harry. She does have a bodyguard, he might come after you.»

Perrie commented, giving me a wink. I could feel my cheek turning red. I heard some giggles.

«Oh, look I am backing off, do not kill me!»

Harry S. joked as he walked backwards. They kept joking and talking, I was just standing there nodding, smiling, I had never been this quiet, I always have something to say, but right now I felt mute. How could Liam be so comfortable standing so close to me, holding his arm around me, taking the jokes, while me on the other hand werent so sure what to say or how to react. They get it now, they know we have a thing for each other. I know them so well, so why awkward.

«Food over here if anyone is hungry.»

Gio shouted. We started walking over to the picnic where Therese, Louis and the others where sitting. I sat next to Therese, Liam followed me and sat next to me. We sat in a circle, or a horse shoe-ish circle. We started to put together our own sandwhiches, Louis and Dougie looked like Shaggy and scoobie doo, exaggerating on the size of the sandwhich they both made together.

«I dare you to take a bite of the whole thing from bottom to top.»

Harry S. said to them.

«Challenge accepted.»

They both answered. It looked ridiculous the way they were trying to take a bite from the gigantic sanwhich they had made. We laughed and Tom took some photos. The funniest part is that they were still trying to take a bite of it.

«I got it.»

Dougie said, he divided the sandwhich in two by opening it. Took one part and gave the other to Louise.

«Aha.»

Louise said, understanding what Dougie was doing. They took a bite of their part and then switched and took a bite.

«No way.»

Danny laughed.

«Done.»

Dougie said and winked at Harry S.

«Genious.»

Tom said.

«Who would of thought he could use his brain.»

Therese whispered to me. I made a small laugh, yes who would of thought.

HALF AN HOUR LATER

We sat there and talked for some time while eating, some decided to take a swim. I was still sitting there chatting with Therese, Liam, Perrie, Zayn and Niall.

«Seriously, are you guys going to continue this?»

I asked, this was driving me to madness.

«Yea, until you both go out there and show us who's the faster swimmer.»

Zayn answered me.

«I just said, Perrie probably is faster.»

I said.

«The words doesn't count, we have to see it.»

Niall pointed out. I rolled my eyes. Perrie got up and reached out her hand to me.

«Come on, lets show them we both are fast. Both winners.»

Perrie said, if this was a way to try to convince me, she should know it wont work, but then again.

«Is just a swim, we will join you later on.»

Liam winked. I made a goofy smile as he put his arm around my shoulders. Therese pushed me a little. I think she was trying to snap me out of it.

«Okay.»

I answered without even thinking. Me swim? Fast? Riiiiight.

«Alright»

The guys cheered. We walked over to the water and started undressing, both with our bikinies underneath our clothes.

«You do realise they don't really care who's the fastest, they just want to see us in our bikinies, right?»

I told her as I turned around to look at them starring, they were saying something because Therese was shaking her head and putting her hand on her face. From the stupidity they were mentioning I suppose.

«Yupp.»

She said with a flirtatious smile looking over at the others.