chapter 5

"-and no one charged their phone either?" Luke questioned, all three boys shaking their heads no. Calum shuffled around the room, almost throwing it apart as he looked for something that may help. "What if we call room service?" Luke spoke up again, but Michael shouted out a 'nope'. He shrugged pointing to the phone propped on the corner of the table, "It's disconnected."

Disconnected. Why did that sound so familiar to Luke? Little did he know that Calum had shot a perplexed look at Michael for the same reason. Both shook out of it, as Ashton tried to pull the door open. The door knob turned and they all stilled to a pin drop silence. Ashton moved back with his arms out in front of the boys. Even if they'd only been together for merely a day, Ashton already felt protective of his new friends.

They would never admit it, but they all knew that they had some sort of connection or bond that was being left out of their memories. The door opened up and revealed Jack who only smiled at them. The middle aged man walked toward the four, who collectively stepped backwards. "What? Do I have something on my face?" 

"Why'd you lock us in here?" Michael spoke up.

"Did they not write it on the note?" He moved to the note and read over it. "I forgot to give you the card, it's there!" They stared at the man skeptically until he spoke once again, "Alright here," he dropped the key onto the table and walked out of the room. Gripping the door handle he looked up at them, "come out when you decide, I'll be waiting."

They all looked at each other in concern as the door shut once again. Ashton rushed to the key, examining it and deciding it was real. He turned to all of them and spoke, "What now?" Luke only ran a hand through his messy waves, Calum bringing a hand to run over his face. He wanted to leave, so bad, but how? 

"We have to fucking get out of here!" Michael exclaimed, plopping down onto the bed. Luke settled on sitting next to Michael, whom he earned a glare from. Luke didn't know why Michael had suddenly been upset with him, but he didn't move from the spot. Luke didn't sleep much the previous night; he had been thinking. Luke. turned to see a tag sticking out from between the closet doors and furrowed his brows.

"Hey, did anyone check the closet?" he asked, moving toward the closet. 

"No, Luke, no one checked the closet," Ashton sighed when no one else would speak to the boy. He nodded, kneeling to get a better look at the tag. Turning it he saw 'Michael Clifford' messily scribbled onto it. He tugged at the tag, the  boys all surrounding him. He got up again and opened up the closet, feeling that whoever stuck the tag in between the doors, did it on purpose. The doors wouldn't open further than an inch, but Luke pulled with all his might, his face turned to a scowl. 

The doors eventually did open, Luke stumbling back. There were four duffel bags and some other gift bags stuffed into the closet. They all helped pile the bags onto the bed, finding that all the tags corresponded to their names. Each boy opened their bags to find an array of messily folded clothing and other necessary items.

The three; Calum, Ashton, and Michael started to shuffle through their bags as soon as they could, but Luke didn't. Luke pulled out a piece of paper from one of the gift bags, four numbers or letters written on top of the folded note. It seemed to say something like '5505'. Luke couldn't tell because it had been stained by something. 

The door opened once again and Luke hurriedly stuck the paper into his back pocket. When Jack did happen to see what was on the bed, an unreadable expression flashed across his face. He muttered something to himself and ran a hand over his face. "Okay, Jack, or whatever your name may be... Why the hell was our luggage hidden here?"

"Calum... My man, I can explain!"

"Then do it and do it fast," Calum declared. The man switched his eyes around the room, knowing that before he stuffed the bags into the closet, he made sure to get rid of whatever could inform them about their identity's. But then why did he feel like something had happened? He sat down on the bed opposite from the one all boys were sitting on. 

"So I went to the airport because you all seemed very confused, gave them your names to see if they had any lost luggage and they did! So I just brought it up here for you guys! I swear on my mother's gra-"

"That's enough," Ashton declared, rising from the bed. "Give us a minute; we'll be out." The man looked between all of them, sighing, but nodding and walking out of the room. Three of the boys went off to the side to discuss what to do, but Luke stayed back because he couldn't help but think that the man waiting outside was lying. "Luke, get up and change, we're leaving with the bastard."

"Guys I don't-"

"Luke we made a decision, please don't be annoying about it," Michael angrily pointed out. Luke furrowed his brows, but eventually complied with their request. After they had all gotten ready and informed Jack that they could leave, he brought up some of the hotel staff to take their bags. They thought that it was odd, but didn't say much. 

There were girls outside, not as many as last time though. They all shouted out to the boys in hopes of meeting them. They were all told to just ignore it, but Luke took a glance anyway. The girls started to scream louder as he smiled and waved at them. Ashton looked back at Luke, deciding to replicate his actions and then finally get into the car. 

Jack had a normal car, not too bad or good. Luke made Ashton sit up front, which made Ashton confused. He shook his head at the boy, he probably just didn't want to make conversation. Calum and Michael had slept throughout the entire ride, where Ashton tried to make small talk with the man. Luke hadn't uttered a single word because he just couldn't stop thinking about the paper shoved into the back pocket of his jeans.

He decided to take the paper out this time. He was ready to see what was inside. 

'I know this is addressed to 5sos, but hey Luke. This letter is actually for you. I just wanted you to know that you are so loved and you've saved so many lives; I mean you saved mine. I hope you never have to experience anything I've ever gone through so that's why I'm writing this letter to you! I hope you can look at this and smile sometimes :-). Send my love to the boys too!

I don't want a twitter follow or anything so, here's my name. Love, Lacy'

And oddly enough, even when Luke had no clue what she meant, he smiled.

~-~

a/n 

this gif; sorrynotsorry. 

ah, i too love the band 5505. gr8 quality band, much better than those knockoffs five sauce or whatever they call their ugly asses. 

and this has been kyoot author's notes from bella. 

ur welcome.