chapter 6

"Michael. Calum. We're here," Ashton spoke, Luke snapping out of his daze. He had been staring out of the window blankly, too out of it to notice that the car had stopped. When he looked around he saw a large building, opposite to the car. While he stared again, Calum had opened his door, watching Luke stumble out.

"Sorry," he smiled sheepishly, helping him up. They all followed Jack into the building, who guided them through the long halls of the place. They reached a door that had a keypad on the handle, confusing all of the boys. Calum wanted to step back right then and there, but he made no effort to move.

When the door had finally beeped open, a man was sitting inside with a smile. Michael looked around, realizing that all of them in fact, were in a studio. But why?

Jack moved forward, mumbling something to the man and then turning towards the four. "So, guys..." he motioned towards the couches, set to the side. "Let's talk." Michael was the first one to move (mostly because he felt like he was going to faint if he didn't), Luke and Ashton following. Although Calum had already expressed that he had a bad feeling about this, he eventually shuffled to the seating as well.

"Okay, this is gonna sound crazy to you... But you guys are here to record music."

No reaction.

The four boys had a blank look on their faces. Michael didn't even comprehend what Jack had said. Ashton too busy glaring at the man behind Jack. Calum had zoned out and Luke, Luke just wasn't surprised. He could tell from yesterday that he could definitely play guitar, so maybe that's what Jack meant.

Jack, however, looked at the four with hopeful eyes. "C'mon, nothing?"

Again, no response. Luke let his eyes wander around the room, until Michael finally spoke up. "Jack, I hate to break it to you, but, neither one of us can sing or play instruments."

"But you can!" he panicked when the boys flinched and calmed himself. "I mean, I know you can! Just try it out?" He picked himself up and grabbed the guitar from the corner of the, rather large, room. Holding it out in front of them, he waited. Luke hesitated, but finally raised his hand to grasp the neck of the guitar.

He looked at everyone around him, gazing at him intensely. "Um..." he let out, running his fingers over the strings. Strumming quietly, he continued until he knew he had a constant tune. Gradually he got louder and Jack's face lit up. He immediately stopped, forgetting everything all at once and shook his head, placing the guitar down beside him.

"No, you were doing so good!" he screamed out, making Calum look up at him with a brow raised. "Why'd you stop?"

"I don't know," Luke responded. "I don't know anything."

"Okay, what about the rest of you? You guys must know something, right?" They all shook their heads, mumbling out 'no' or 'not really'. He took a deep breath and turned to Luke again. "Alright Luke, let's hear you sing?" Luke shook his head abruptly and even stood up to exit the room. This time, Jack didn't stop him, just turned to the other boys.

"I'll go check on him," Calum spoke, wanting nothing more than to get out of the room.

"Well this was a major flop..." the man from behind finally spoke. He had an odd voice. It was deep, but not deep enough. Even then, Ashton still thought his clothes were worse.

"No, I'll get them to sing, I promise, I just need some time!" Jack yelled out turning back to the two. Both Ashton and Michael looked at each other contemplating their next move. He watched as they both spit out jumbled excuses and exited the room as well. Sitting with his head in his hands he sighed talking to the man about when he could next get the boys to the studio. Bidding goodbye, he headed out towards the boys.

All four stood, just talking to each other, until Jack offered to drive them back to their hotel. Left with no other choice, they all crammed into the car again to get back. When they did end up getting back, Jack quickly lead them up, before anyone could see them. He mumbled something about security and finally spoke to the guys.

"Well, stay here for a while... I would recommend you don't go outside, because I'd rather you not get tore to shreds." They all nodded and let the man leave. As they all just wandered around in the hotel room, Ashton stood at the window, confused at all the people trying to get his attention.

"Hey guys, I found chargers!"

~-~

a/n

this is the worst chapter i've probably ever written. uGH. and not only that, it's late, ptp is delayed I HAVE LIKE 35743954 ASSIGNMENTS TO DO... why doesn't life like to cooperate with me? well anyway, at least i'm moving from this crappy house i live in rn.