Chapter 4 - I can help Alpha

~~~ Getting ready for New York

Zane was relaxing in Mike's home office, "So the local pack has been notified, the day after I fly in I need to check in right? The moon night has been cleared?" It had been several months since their aunt had been there and he was looking forward to seeing her again. , and they were going to be flying out the next day. He was going to miss Tessa and the others even though they were only going to be gone for just over a month.

He would have liked to have spent more time there but for some reason Mike had been invited to an Alpha meeting in Canada. What confused him was he and his team had been invited as well. Why they had been hadn't been explained. Mike had pulled the 'you were invited, and you will go' card with a hint of dominance. It made Zane and his wolf rather irritable but such was life. For some reason he had a feeling it was a test for him, to figure out reasons why he might have been invited.

Mike took a sip of his beer, "Yup, fly out tomorrow, get in late, early the next morning go and say hello. Greet the Alpha, get your visitors pass, so to speak, and maybe shown around the property. As far as the moon night it has also been cleared. Keep in mind they don't do it the way we do. They have property away from the city, but many moon nights are done in a couple of warehouses they own. Don't know much about it other than that. When you come back you can update our database of what we know. Do you have everything you need packed?"

Zane had to wonder how his wolf would handle the flight. He had flown once before and it had been okay but his wolf? That was a totally different question, "Joy, get up early to drive to Medford to catch a flight to Portland and from there... So not looking forward to this. I'm sure my wolf is going to be fussing most of the way." When he said it his voice sounded rather wry, "That doesn't sound like a great deal of fun, but we will see. As far as being packed?", he rolled his eyes, "Tessa took care of it. I think she even slipped a can of anti-she-wolf spray in somewhere."

Mike started laughing, "I'm sure you and your wolf will do fine. You have excellent control now, so I'm not worried about you or your wolf doing anything stupid. As far as the spray..." He started laughing even harder since it was so dam funny. They had been good for each other. She had finally moved past what those two had done to her. He was starting to heal and bloom thanks to her love and caring.

Zane joined in the laughter before he quieted down, "I'm going to really miss my team. It has taken a while to admit it, but I'm going to Uncle Mike. I'm going0 to miss Tessa as much and I know Olivia is going to miss Oscar, but we just can't take them." It had been a hard decision but even now Aunt Joli wasn't ready for the wolf version of relationship. Zane and Tessa hadn't gone all the way yet, but she did sleep in his bed and Oscar in Olivia's.

He reached over and gave Zane's shoulder a pat, "I'll take care of your team for you Zane. You concern yourself with your sister and making a good impression with the pack you are checking in with. Now go, spend the last day with your team and make sure Tessa know you will be missing her." He stood and walked out of his office with Zane. He was going to find Annie and relax with her and their pup. She had delivered not long ago, and his wolf wanted time with the two. He was so pleased Zane had stepped forward while he was helping Josh and the others with the rogue problem. Josh had been badly hurt but he had survived. If a wolf survived they would live and heal.

Damn it! The way Mike put it made him blush, even if it wasn't what had been meant, "I think I'm going to take them for a good run, maybe hunt down Damien and get into a really good play session." He flashed his uncle a grin when he said it, *Everyone come to the house, I'm going to run your butts off and then see if Damien and his team want to play.* *Damien I'm taking my team for a good run, want to join in? More wolves to play more fun to be had.* It was good training as well.