Repercussions of a Secret

Tygra woke up early in the morning, but he didn't get up from the bed. One, because he was still half-asleep and lazy, and he didn't want to move; and two, because Jareid's tight embrace had not loosened in the least. He was trapped. The tiger wondered for a fleeting second if his mate was still sleeping. He sighed and decided that he could just lie there a bit longer.

However, now that he was awake, his mind started to work again. He groaned, wishing the treacherous thoughts away. It was no use. As sleep left his body, his thoughts regained clarity and Cheetara's words made an appearance once more. Tygra bit his lower lip and tried to negate his friend's assumptions. He had changed, that was right, but he felt he was entirely justified. He couldn't have survived otherwise. He would have gone insane if he had not adapted. Still, the words kept repeating themselves. One in special was tormenting the tiger the most.

Tygra breathed Jareid's scent, trying to calm himself. The tiger recalled painfully the first times that Jareid had put his hands on him. The very first time he had been claimed. There was no denying that there had been abuse then, but that was no longer the case. Right?

His hand moved to cover his lower abdomen, and caressed the bump that was barely there. He had convinced himself that having cubs had been the best option. He was carrying them because Jareid had wanted him to, but he could have pressed for them to find a carrier had he wished so.

He sighed and his sight wandered around what he could see of their room.

Their room.

His mind helpfully reminded him that it had taken a while for him to call the set of roomstheirs. He had moved into the wing at Jareid's command. The jaguar had not even asked for permission. But at the time, Jareid had already claimed him, and considered him his mate, even without an official ceremony.

Tygra started to bit his lips. There were many little things that pointed to the fact that Jareid was ruling his life as the jaguar saw fit. His present state of nudity was just one more example of that. Jareid had said 'prepare for bed' and that meant 'dispose of the clothes' for him. It could be explained easily enough; after all, in the jungle the temperature didn't drop as much at night as it had in Thundera. Sometimes it was really hot, even if it was raining. But Tygra knew that the real reason for him to not wearanything to bed was simply because Jareid enjoyed having him naked. The jaguar had told him directly that he didn't like him wearing any clothes in bed. Tygra had just obeyed, but that was only reasonable, Jareid was his dominant! It was easier to let him dictate every little thing.

Tygra groaned in despair. He had just realized that he was doing the very same thing the rest of the jaguar clan had been doing for years! Let Jareid do what he wanted, because it was easier that way! He might be insane after all.

Jareid moved at his back and nibbled his ear.

"Don't think too loud… I'm cuddling…"

The tiger groaned and nipped at Jareid's arm.

"Whoever can think too loud? That's impossible."

"You can do it. Believe me, I can hear your brain cells working too hard!"

Tygra growled. He was not thinking too hard! He was just allowing depression slowly take hold of him, that was all!

Jareid licked his ear and put a hand over his smaller one on his stomach. Tygra relaxed. If there was one thing he was certain of, was that Jareid already loved their cubs. Jareid was the one going over names and things that the cubs would need. Tygra had no idea where the jaguar was stashing everything he had afforded so far, but Bengali looked aghast every time Tygra saw him after a visit to the nursery. A nursery that the youngest tiger had yet to visit himself.